With aluminium going on a rampage, I'm hoping it is time steel does the same :)

Hopefully ArcelorMittal gets some more well-deserved love then. It's been worth more dead than alive for a good few years now.

I recently bought a bit of X (US Steel). It was thrown out of the Dow Jones index, and then off S&P 500 also. Talk about getting no respect. Not just getting thrown off the horse, but also dragged to near death. Heh heh heh...

Traded as high as $200/share prior to the Great Recession. Struggling at $27 now. It just returned to profitability this year. A speculative buy, so I only have 0.5% of portfolio in it.

Alcoa (symbol AA), one of my holdings, reported earnings after market close yesterday. It beat estimates, and its stock climbs some more. It has been doing nothing other than well ever since they kicked it out of the Dow Jones index. Heh heh heh...

As Alcoa always starts off the earning season, it sets the tone for the market. So, I bought back the few shares I sold a few days ago. Does that make me a day trader or what?

I saved myself around $1.5K in losses compared to what happened if I had held them (my entire portfolio "loss" is >20X more), but it is fun. A lot more fun than going to Las Vegas.

As Unclemick says I see you are working on the hormonal side of things. Have fun!

That's the phrase Unclemick keeps saying, but I am not sure about the hormone thing. I have never watched an entire ball game, any kind of ball game, any kind of spectator sport, any race whether bicycles or cars for that matter, in my life. Not in a stadium, not on TV. And I stopped following even the Olympics games perhaps 20 years ago. And if forced to watch these things, I would die of boredom. If hormone causes aggressiveness, then I must be hormone deficient.

Last edited:
What's the reverse of "Wh***"? Whoops?

Now, I wish I held back on repurchasing those shares that I sold on Monday.

Funny how you spend the most time reflecting on your most recent trades, while other positions may crash even harder.

Another 5-figure loss already. Isn't this fun or what?

Last edited:
Fine with me.

Now, everybody in unison...

That's too easy to say. Conquering one's greed and fear is the next step. Same with seeing and understanding your neighbor's emotions.

That's too easy to say. Conquering one's greed and fear is the next step. Same with seeing and understanding your neighbor's emotions.

I suppose saying it is one thing, remembering it is the next.

My neighbor has great children, fun to joke with. Happy guy where it counts, I think.

Doris Day didn't like that tune either (nor do I).

By the way, I do not think that we [-]are[/-] were at the extreme exuberant state. Hence, my recent trades were just a little bit (<1% of portfolio) for play.

Those still saved me $1.5K of loss, so I still consider it a successful trade. I am not doing anything more for a while. Need a lot more fear or greed to consider bigger moves.

Back
Top Bottom