Nope, market hasn't closed above 17,000 yet.

I went back to look -- in November 2013 I asked for advice on whether to get back into the market after having sat on the sidelines for last 5 years in a stupid money market, missing the five year ride back up.

After reflecting on the advice given here I picked an AA I could live with (65/35) and went all in at once.

$70K up so far this year! Of course, I recognize it could have and still could go the other way.

You can't time the market.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Okay, it closed over 17,000. NOW let the celebrations begin!

The timing was interesting. So what will a long holiday produce?

hmm, wonder if I should've done a rebalance today? If I had, then the market would have shot up on Monday. But since I didn't, I predict it drops.;)

hmm, wonder if I should've done a rebalance today? If I had, then the market would have shot up on Monday. But since I didn't, I predict it drops.;)

I thought about that, but got distracted and lost track of time. More evidence of a likely drop on Monday. :D

I took the opportunity to do a little selling and replenish my cash buffer.

I don't think there will be a drop longer term. This IMO is a Nirvana economy, at least for right now.

DOW 17,000 is so yesterday. DOW 20,000 here we come!

After reading these posts I am certain of a correction in the near term.

There are on average 3 to 4 corrections a year. You have to look at the current environment and trend to really determine where things are going economy wise. At the moment they're good but you never know.

Happy 4th!

After reading these posts I am certain of a correction in the near term.

As long as we are in secular bull market and not secular bear market. We will see in 5-10 years.....

Back
Top Bottom