Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #41
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
That's profound...

i try to be-lol

i give sarcasm and i take sarcasm. you can't be as opinonated as i am and not have a thick skin

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

The California plan shows $276 per month for a couple after subsidy - wow I'll risk the major illness as 1 year would save almost $10,000

Old 04-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #43
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc1000 View Post
The California plan shows $276 per month for a couple after subsidy - wow I'll risk the major illness as 1 year would save almost $10,000

i don't understand what you mean
Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i don't understand what you mean
Without the subsidy my wife and I would pay approx $1,000 per mo. As it stands now as long as our MAGI stays under $60,000 our monthly subsidized premium would be $276. Saving $724 per mo. times 12 months equals $8,688 per yr. So, in 18 months we would save enough that even if we had a major health issue and had to cover the $12,500 max OOP we would still be even.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The Vermont Green Mountain Care Board modified and approved the proposed 2014 health insurance rates in the OP of this thread. They required a number of technical changes that ended up reducing rates by 4-5%.

Also see GREEN MOUNTAIN CARE BOARD: INSURERS MUST TRIM COSTS OF INSURANCE TO BE OFFERED THROUGH VERMONT HEALTH CONNECT

So subject to appeal to the Vermont State Supreme Court by the carriers (which I think is doubtful) we know at least one state's exchange rates for 2014.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
The Vermont Green Mountain Care Board modified and approved the proposed 2014 health insurance rates in the OP of this thread. They required a number of technical changes that ended up reducing rates by 4-5%.

Also see GREEN MOUNTAIN CARE BOARD: INSURERS MUST TRIM COSTS OF INSURANCE TO BE OFFERED THROUGH VERMONT HEALTH CONNECT

So subject to appeal to the Vermont State Supreme Court by the carriers (which I think is doubtful) we know at least one state's exchange rates for 2014.
Ouch! I would be hit with a 421% increase for the comparable HD plan I have now. And that is including my current premium just being jacked up 15% this month.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

I found a nice display of the approved plans and rates.

http://healthconnect.vermont.gov/sit...31%20v%204.pdf

pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote