2015 Expenses

Thank you! Here's one. I love the fact that it has an oversized two car garage with workshop and storage rooms, that it has a wonderful shower like I always wanted, and above all a great next door neighbor. :D

This was most of my 2015 expenses. If all real estate is "location, location, location", then I just struck gold. :D

A nice ranch like your old house.

A nice ranch like your old house.

Yes, and no steps, thank goodness, because my knees can't handle them easily any more. Just right for me. :)

It might not be everybody's dream house and I can imagine the HGTV set turning up their nose at it. But for me, it's just perfect and feels like home.

All right! What is saving money for, if you cannot use it to buy some happiness when it is available and affordable?

I just got my CC annual statement and was shocked to see I charged 20K more than I took in last year. Now I have to figure out where it came from LOL

Heck, I download every couple of weeks and track monthly. Now I can even compare to the same month of 2015. Yes, I AM a financial control freak.

Heck, I download every couple of weeks and track monthly. Now I can even compare to the same month of 2015. Yes, I AM a financial control freak.

I download and track expenses monthly. Then I forecast future months and anticipate upcoming expenditures. I don't consider myself a financial control freak.

:D I agree! I am looking forward to many, many happy years living here.

Your house looks wonderful. The timing, the location, the condition of the house (especially the elderly friendly part) all worked out for you like a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Your house looks wonderful. The timing, the location, the condition of the house (especially the elderly friendly part) all worked out for you like a dream.
I can see why it would be your dream house. Very nice.

Thank you, both! I am so pleased and surprised that others can see why this is my dream house, even though it is neither a mansion nor the type of home we see on HGTV at all.

Once the workmen are finished with my yard make-over, gate in the fence, and other exterior changes, it will be perfect for me. The inside is perfect for me, and living next door to F has been wonderful for both of us.

Both retired in 2009. At the time dh was 54 and yours truly 51. DH receives a small non cola'd pension.

2009 Projected WR.....0 (dh worked part of that year, we had to take no reserves)
2010 Projected WR....3%......Actual 2.71%
2011 Projected WR....3%......Actual 3.27% (health issues)
2012 Projected WR....3%......Actual 2.87%
2013 Projected WR....3.5%...Actual 4.94% (new car)
2014 Projected WR....3.5%...Actual 2.68%
2015 Projected WR....3.5%...Actual 3.57%
2016 Projected WR....3.0% (dh will start getting SS in June of this year)

There will always be 'surprises'......

I went a tiny bit over on my spending. I also went a little bit over on my eating and drinking. I enjoyed all these slight excesses and regret nothing.

So I'm hunkering down for January. Spending only for essentials, dieting, and tea-totaling.

Ten more days and I'll be back to my hedonistic ways!

Thank you, both! I am so pleased and surprised that others can see why this is my dream house, even though it is neither a mansion nor the type of home we see on HGTV at all.

Once the workmen are finished with my yard make-over, gate in the fence, and other exterior changes, it will be perfect for me. The inside is perfect for me, and living next door to F has been wonderful for both of us.

What makes a house a dream house to me is how closely it matches what I want. It sounds like this house matches what you want very, very closely.

Reactions: W2R
I spent more money in 2015 than any other year of my life, and I still came in $3k under budget. This despite some big trips such as 6 weeks in Europe and 3 weeks each in Hawaii and SE Asia. Almost 1/2 my spending went towards travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

still working so numbers will change after retirement, but came in 20k under my planned budget despite international travel, a very good year

Back
Top Bottom