2015 income is reported to SSA.gov when?

dadu007

Recycles dryer sheets
Anybody know when 2015 income is reported to SSA.gov?
Their website still only shows my 2014 income. I got a decent pay increase last year and would like to see how it affects my projected benefits. Filed taxes in February it's now June...

if you are over the twb it won't change the projected benefits

Sorry...haven't been on this forum long enough: what is "twb"?

If I am not mistaken, 2015 income will show up Oct 2016 or so.

-gauss

if you are over the twb it won't change the projected benefits

That doesn't sound right unless he has been over the twb for each and every year for his 35 highest earning years.

(unless you are talking about some type of bug/limitation of the projection tool itself as opposed to the underlying current SS law that determines benefits)

gauss

Last edited:
I just went to the SSA website to check my online statement, and my 2015 wages are included on the statement.

My (and my wife's) 2015 wages have been available for several weeks. I post them in my own spreadsheet to calculate my benefit using ssa guidelines (just for fun I suppose...).
I don't remember when they first became available.

I just checked my social security statement online, and my 2015 income is reported on my earnings record.

Just checked mine and it say "Not yet recorded"....

My (and my wife's) 2015 wages have been available for several weeks. I post them in my own spreadsheet to calculate my benefit using ssa guidelines (just for fun I suppose...).
I don't remember when they first became available.

Apparently we have the same idea of fun. I was unemployed in 2015 for three months and my monthly benefit really took a hit.

Apparently we have the same idea of fun. I was unemployed in 2015 for three months and my monthly benefit really took a hit.

But that is only because they assume the lowered income for the remaining years going forward. So next year your monthly calculated value should bounce back up, if you got a job paying like the old one.

If your employer files with the SSA electronically for 2015, it already shows up on your earnings record. If your employer mails in the returns, it will show up on your record in the fall sometime.

If your employer files with the SSA electronically for 2015, it already shows up on your earnings record. If your employer mails in the returns, it will show up on your record in the fall sometime.

What if you do not have an employer:confused:

FYI - My wife's income for 2015 was correctly posted when I printed a "Your Social Security Statement" on April 25th.

But that is only because they assume the lowered income for the remaining years going forward. So next year your monthly calculated value should bounce back up, if you got a job paying like the old one.

Understood. I got a job paying more, so it should bounce back nicely :D

Did that many months ago... so I do not think that is the trigger...

If you are self employed, how else will SS know than by what FICA taxes you paid via the IRS when you filed?

In fact, you want to make sure SS got it right. I know they had a couple of years wrong for DH.

If you are self employed, how else will SS know than by what FICA taxes you paid via the IRS when you filed?

In fact, you want to make sure SS got it right. I know they had a couple of years wrong for DH.

But I am not self employed... I am not employed at all...

With that being said, I filed many months ago... and my account is not updated... so again, I do not think that is the trigger...

Then again, maybe the IRS does not report anything for 8 or 9 months... so it does not matter when you file...

But I am not self employed... I am not employed at all...

With that being said, I filed many months ago... and my account is not updated... so again, I do not think that is the trigger...

Then again, maybe the IRS does not report anything for 8 or 9 months... so it does not matter when you file...
I don't understand what you are talking about then. If you aren't employed - what info would be passed to the SSA? You have 0 earned income you paid no SS tax. Income is not going to show up on any SS report - just a big fat 0.

I don't understand what you are talking about then. If you aren't employed - what info would be passed to the SSA? You have 0 earned income. It's not going to show up on any report.

Yes, a zero income will show up as a zero income on the SS report... I have some early years where it shows zero income...

It makes a difference since it is still assuming that I am working and putting in the salary that I made in 2014 for all years until I am 66... I want to know how much not working is really going to cost me... not using a calculator, but what SS calculates...

Yes, a zero income will show up as a zero income on the SS report... I have some early years where it shows zero income...

It makes a difference since it is still assuming that I am working and putting in the salary that I made in 2014 for all years until I am 66... I want to know how much not working is really going to cost me... not using a calculator, but what SS calculates...
Oh - I see. That does eventually all get set to zero. I can't tell you when it switches to that. Mine has a bunch of 0s projected out to the future.

But I don't remember when it quit using prior year's salary to do the comparison.

I think you can log into your SSA.gov account and do various projections using existing data but manipulating future data. If you don't have one set up it's probably a good idea to go ahead because that will lock anyone else out from impersonating you online to set one up.

Back
Top Bottom