Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

https://www.wellsfargoassetmanagemen...oductalert.pdf

wells fargo estimates

kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #22

I spoke to Fido last week, and they said the estimates on other funds would start coming out the first week in December.

Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #23

I don't really spend much time looking at them (unless for some reason they are HUGE [ouch]. Always seems to be some corrections by tax time. I have done a pretty good job of estimating them and doing quarterly tax payments.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

BNY MEllon's are out today.

https://im.bnymellon.com/us/en/indiv...ds-table-tabs5
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Paying close attention to distributions this year for ACA income cliff reasons.
swakyaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Dodge and Cox funds estimates are now available: https://www.dodgeandcox.com/pdf/shar...tions_2019.pdf
Old 11-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #27

Vanguard mutual fund Cap gains estimates are out today.

Unfortunately, the cap-gains distributions from my last two active funds (both from Vanguard) are in the same high ballpark as last year.

Dividend estimates don't come out till 12/10 or something like that.
walkinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinwood View Post
Vanguard mutual fund Cap gains estimates are out today.....
Found it: https://www.vanguard.com/pdf/FA116120_112019.pdf

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56...60/35/5 AA
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #29
Confused about dryer sheets

VG Wellington gains estimate shows it dropping from $4.17 last year to $1.61 this year?

Just my luck it was really high for the years I was trying to get an ACA subsidy - throwing me off the cliff.

Can someone direct me to threads discussing how to manage taxable accounts? I haven't mastered searching the various forums.

May be time to move away from VWENX.
(My current income all comes from rental properties, a CRT and the VWENX dividends/gains)
BeanCounter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

^^^^ Most of Vanguard's index funds do not have capital gain distributions... we have VTSAX, VFIAX and VTIAX... Total Stock, 500 and Total International Stock... and no capital gains distributions in 2019 or 2018.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
^^^^ Most of Vanguard's index funds do not have capital gain distributions... we have VTSAX, VFIAX and VTIAX... Tota Stock, 500 and Total International Stock... and no capital gains distributions in 2019 or 2018.
I looked up VTSAX. You might want to consider the amount of unrealized gains in the fund. They seem to realize losses... but not gains. I would think that gains will have to be realized.... likely when more are pulling money out.

just something to be aware of going forward.
bingybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Agreed, but a capital gain distribution is unlikely unless redemptions spiked dramatically.... and that seems unlikely.... meanwhile, the last time they made a capital gains distribution was in 2000... I'll take my chances.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Vang..._distributions

Old 11-14-2019, 06:02 AM   #33

Transferred my brokerage accounts to Schwab this year, haven't seen the 2019 estimated distributions list for their funds yet. Got an email from them yesterday stating they have added a new 'Investment Income Summary' feature to your online 'Accounts Summary' page. It shows ytd and estimated yearly earnings for each of your accounts and totals for all accounts combined. Nice feature, will find out soon enough how accurate it is.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Gabelli Funds - https://gabelli.com/funds/open_divest2019

GABSX is paying out an 18% distribution!
Old 11-15-2019, 10:05 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I like that none of my FIDO index funds in my taxable account have any year end distributions. Very tax efficient.
Many Fidelity funds pay dividends only once a year, or twice a year with a smaller one in the spring and the bulk of it in December. We will still get the yet unknown dividend distribution even though the web page shows no capital gains distribution.
thefinancebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinancebuff View Post
Many Fidelity funds pay dividends only once a year, or twice a year with a smaller one in the spring and the bulk of it in December. We will still get the yet unknown dividend distribution even though the web page shows no capital gains distribution.
I'm still waiting and wondering on one of my Fido funds, a corporate bond fund. This bond fund has done some odd things at the end of the year in the 11 years I have been in it. The first few years, the December monthly dividend included a "spike" by which the dividend doubled. But it came by surprise, as there was no real warning it was going to happen. And once in a while, it had a cap gain distribution.

Then, for a few years, I had neither the spike nor any cap gain distributions. Then, last year, the spike returned but as a separate December distribution a ew days before the end of the year, and it appeared in Fido's year-end distribution webpage. So far, there has been nothing of any type of year-end distribution. This year, unlike prior years, it matters a lot because I am struggling to qualify for an ACA subsidy, so I don't want to get blindsided by a surprise spike on 12/31 with no time to do anything about it. In those older years, I was able to find out the daily mil rate and learn of the spike when it happened.

Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 year-end distros, capital gains, dividends