6.25% CD

d

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
just saw that Justice Federal Credit Union is offering a 6.25% 2 yr CD ... easy "membership"... anyone know anything about Justice FCU? i don't.
(bankrate monitor 4-star)

d said:
just saw that Justice Federal Credit Union is offering a 6.25% 2 yr CD ... easy "membership"... anyone know anything about Justice FCU? i don't.
(bankrate monitor 4-star)

Do you have a link?

mickeyd said:
Chasing CD rates is like chasing rates for savings accounts/MMF as far as I am concerned. I would rather stay with my MMF paying 5.10% and have the flexibility of writing a check tomorrow if I want to.

With savings/MM accounts they can change the rate on you the day after you invest. So you can put a lot of effort in without getting the results you expected.

Not so with CDs. If you are looking to invest for a few months or years, you know what you'll have for that entire term.

I keep the same MM account even if it's a little lower than the next guy, but with CDs I'll look all over to find the bank willing to give me the best rate.

I did a little due dilligence on Justice FCU and it checks out. I'm planning to open an acount .

Went to the site but did not see the 6.25% rate this morning.

EDIT: Opps, I see it, too early in the morning, I guess.

If I had a spare $200k I would sling it at this. The best I am getting at the moment is 6% with PenFed but it is locked for a while. Does not come due till June 07.

Always happens, when I have no available cash other than living expenses and reserve. :'(

SWR

6.35% APY for Jumbo deposits of $100k or more at JFCU.

I just clicked on CD rates at the bottom of the screen and I see Millenium Bank with a 3 year CD of 100k for 7.75%. Has anyone invested with them? I'm getting ready to set up our CD ladder for retirement and I'm looking for the best rates.

AlmostDone said:
I just clicked on CD rates at the bottom of the screen and I see Millenium Bank with a 3 year CD of 100k for 7.75%. Has anyone invested with them? I'm getting ready to set up our CD ladder for retirement and I'm looking for the best rates.

Link? Sounds too good.

Click on 5 year CD rates at the bottom of this page. Then click on the second entry.

Boy, if you could get 8.75% as the website shows, the stock market would certainly go in the crapper. I'll have to pass too.

AlmostDone said:

Careful there... There is/was an offshore by that name with no gov't ins backup. Do your DUE DILIGENCE.

Back
Top Bottom