72t.net closing May 1st

Gryphon

Dryer sheet aficionado
The owner of 72t.net has announced that the site is shutting down May 1st. If there's any information over there that you will want in the future, get it before the end of the month.

The owner of 72t.net has announced that the site is shutting down May 1st. If there's any information over there that you will want in the future, get it before the end of the month.

Too bad! Fantastic site that I used frequently, especially in the years preceding the start of my SEPP. The site truly helped me pull the plug on the SEPP. The SEPP calculator in particular.

Wow. Thanks for the info. I actually purchased the SEPP Guidebook e-manual from that site even though I never did a SEPP. I would’ve thought the site would be sold/monitized.

I hate to see good info site disappear. Someone on the thread asked him if he'd sell the site; he said he'd sell the domain but not the site code. I wonder if the community needs a place to land or if it goes away without that particular owner?

I can handle the technical side of forums...

A shame it is going away. The explanations and examples there guided me thru my 12 year SEPP, which terminated last year when I hit 59.5.

It seems a little strange that the owner doesn't even seem interested in selling off the site and information, there appears to be serious interest by some to purchase it and keep it going. It is unfortunate, there is some very good information there that will be hard to replicate.

I think some of the content can be copied over to this site (FAQ, etc). And maybe a separate forum on this site titled “Retirement plans (IRA, 401k, Roth)” can be created.

I only recently became aware that 72t.net closed on May 1, 2019. I suspected something like this may happen because the last time I posted on the site (earlier this year) it appeared there was not much activity on the forum and it looked like some of the information was out of date.

I spoke to somebody on the phone yesterday who had been very instrumental in providing information to the 72t web site. The person I spoke to thought somebody (another forum?) was obtaining a download of the 72t threads and was going to recreate, or at least archive, the information. Has anyone heard any details?

I was able to implement and complete a SEPP due to the very useful information on the 72t web site. It's a shame to see it fall by the wayside...

The person I spoke to thought somebody (another forum?) was obtaining a download of the 72t threads and was going to recreate, or at least archive, the information. Has anyone heard any details?

They might have been referring to https://72tnet.com, which appears to be setting up as a continuation of the old site. Some of the old forum content seems to have been copied to the Knowledge Base area of the new site, but the forums as a whole don't seem to be there.

Back
Top Bottom