Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

FD, is there some reason the mods have not nuked this assclown already?

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
FD, is there some reason the mods have not nuked this ...?
Comic relief? No, wait... I'm getting this confused with the "Serious Help" thread. Never mind...
Old 03-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Comic relief? No, wait... I'm getting this confused with the "Serious Help" thread. Never mind...
Heh, somehow I missed that communal bitch-slapping until you mentioned it. Looks ike I am too late to join in.

Where do these clowns come from?

- George Orwell

Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Because so far, the rules of the forum have been followed. If it degrades to muck-raking and name-calling, the thread will be closed.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Where do these clowns come from?
Good question. I'm not sure that it is a definitive answer, but I was able to find this: Big Comfy Couch: Where Do Clowns Come from?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Because so far, the rules of the forum have been followed. If it degrades to muck-raking and name-calling, the thread will be closed.........
I agree..... he has not said anything IMO that should require a ban or even his post to be 'fixed'.... and if he never does come up with the 'goods', he will tire and move on like most do...

And as I saw on an interview the other day, there are still people who believe we did not land on the moon or that the earth is flat...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Excuse me, but I see LOTS of name-calling....all directed at Kevin Bruner. Mr Bruner, this forum just won't tolerate the ideas you suggest and it might be best if you just go away to another venue.
jazz4cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #48
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

i think we can tolerate ideas, whether good, bad, or indifferent; but that doesn't mean they'll be graciously accepted.
d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #49
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Whenever there are trolls, there are troll defenders.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:12 PM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

I'd be offended by heavy-handed moderation. I think some of the posters in the thread have gotten a little personal in the attack, but I suppose I've been guilty of that as well (Sorry Art G!).

The feeling I get reading his post here is that he REALLY does believe in the product despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Do you all think that is 'real' or do you think he really knows the inferiority of the product for his clients and the profitability for himself makes him speak the way he does?

I've been fortunate to never derive my living where there could be a conflict of interest - I wonder what that is like.
innova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by innova View Post
I'd be offended by heavy-handed moderation. I think some of the posters in the thread have gotten a little personal in the attack, but I suppose I've been guilty of that as well (Sorry Art G!).

Quote:
The feeling I get reading his post here is that he REALLY does believe in the product despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Do you all think that is 'real' or do you think he really knows the inferiority of the product for his clients and the profitability for himself makes him speak the way he does?
I'm not on his X-mas card list.............

Quote:
I've been fortunate to never derive my living where there could be a conflict of interest - I wonder what that is like.
Count yourself fortunate. I was just wondering if ALL salespeople are BAD, or only the ones in financial services??

Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #52

Kevin's high pressure sales pitch is what makes me question his motives more than simply offering life insurance.
Appeals to authority, peer pressure, claiming that people that don't agree with his product simply are incapable of 'thinking outside the box'.
Kevin, if you are still reading, you would do better, with this crowd, with actual numbers and much much less of the high pressure sales tactics.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by innova View Post

I agree... light moderation is better... even if we get a troll or two... but I don't see him as a troll as some do... as I said, there are some flat earthers who do BELIEVE...

To tell the truth, I think MMND was worse than this one... I saw her as a liar and was much worse as a 'troll'... at least he seems to be 'honest' in his belief and sales...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 AM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBrunner View Post
To answer chinaco, I design various strategies for clients. (Generally they come to me to save them from what their 1% fee brokers did to them, ya get what ya pay for). Often these strategies include, real estate, various exit strategies for businesses, structured sale, asset protection, estate planning, tax strategies, private funds, and yes, IRA’s, 401k, ROTH and the like, as well. Some plans take 6 to 9 months to implement, we have attorneys and CPAs we partner with to complete many parts of these plans. Yes these often include Life Insurance too. Calling me a ‘life insurance salesman’ is like a cardiologist, administers ‘first aid’. I have consulted, Avery Dennison, Anixter Bros, ITT Industries, Vinnell Corp, Ratheon, and a dozen more… and wrote business plans professionally for many years. Looking at a financial plan more as a business plan, opens your eyes to profit where others just see expense… As for Missed Fortune… the wealthier the client, they are already doing it. It’s the others, the 'know it all wanna bee's' that just don’t get it, don’t want to, and never will.

Dude if you are smart how come you are still working? Actually how old are you?

Let me guess you were one of those 13 year old kids, who when they had career day, got all excited at the life insurance salesman financial advisor presentation, and say I screw being a rock star, baseball player, astronaut, I want to read 400 page disclosure documents when I grow up.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Dude if you are smart how come you are still working? Actually how old are you?

Let me guess you were one of those 13 year old kids, who when they had career day, got all excited at the life insurance salesman financial advisor presentation, and say I screw being a rock star, baseball player, astronaut, I want to read 400 page disclosure documents when I grow up.

And I am still waiting for my refund from that Charles Givens seminar DW dragged me to when we were dating...........

Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
I agree... light moderation is better... even if we get a troll or two... but I don't see him as a troll as some do... as I said, there are some flat earthers who do BELIEVE...

To tell the truth, I think MMND was worse than this one... I saw her as a liar and was much worse as a 'troll'... at least he seems to be 'honest' in his belief and sales...
If he's going to "play" on here as an FA, one of the first things he should have done is brush up on his spelling. How serious is he going to be taken on a technical subject if he can't spell or use spell-check??

Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Just for KevinBrunner:

- George Orwell

Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

That is one of the strangest pictures I have ever seen.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
That is one of the strangest pictures I have ever seen.
How about this one:

- George Orwell

Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #60

What is really frightening is the number of 5-star reviews of this book on amazon.com. This looks like the most thorough debunking of Missed Fortune 101 possible:

Doug Thorburn Book Reviews

It's really a shame that you guys scared Kevin away, I would've been thrilled to hear his counter-arguments against this criticism. The tap-dancing alone would've provided hours of entertainment.
soupcxan is offline   Reply With Quote