A "drunk" Bernanke slams economy

I am not familiar with The Onion, thank goodness it's a spoof, it had me going or a moment...

Thanks for the laugh!

Now I won't be able to get the image of a smashed Ben Bernanke stumbling around to "Money for Nothing" out of my head...

DD

wow! almost lost my lunch laughing; Onion is hilarious!

Love it.

"Customers at the bar told reporters the "shitfaced" and disruptive Bernanke refused to pay for his drinks with U.S. currency, claiming it was "worthless." Witnesses also confirmed that near the end of the evening, Bernanke put money into the jukebox and selected Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" to play five times in a row."​

They deserve a Pulitzer for their fine reporting.

I'm not familiar with the Onion, so it had me going. In fact, this is similar to what my husband was ranting about last night and he wasn't drunk. lol

Absolutely hilarious! Though there may be some uncomfortable truths peppered in there...

Hey! The location is a bar in Seward Nebraska. I spent some time in bars in Seward (too many) years ago. I don't recognize that one, though.

Seward bills itself as "America's Fourth of July City". Fourth of July, Seward, Nebraska
It was/is a very nice small town.

Too funny. The pictures are classic - excellent photoshopping. Far to many great lines to highlight here.

bizlady, thanks for the link.

That was great.I almost soiled my pants laughing so loud

Can't be true. Uncle Ben is to busy oiling up the printing press to go bar hopping. Also has to come up with a new name for QE 3.Real estate bubbles are popping all over the globe. Europe is imploding. Is it true he created 16 trillion last time around and lent it to foreign banks? Hard for me to get my head around that one. Interesting times ahead. I'm heading for the bar.

Given the stock market's latest decline, maybe they don't realize it's satire?
TJ

So I am a bit curious how this is not considered libel?

Is it just because he is a public figure? Could I post an article stating I saw Obama with a prostitute and not worry about libel?

Back
Top Bottom