A Financial Self-Defense Guide for Older Americans

I like the comments to the article that the self-defense guide is just another [-]way to rip off[/-] marketing ploy to seniors.

Stay cynical my friends.

I like the comments to the article that the self-defense guide is just another [-]way to rip off[/-] marketing ploy to seniors.

Stay cynical my friends.

The link is to a newspaper article about the guide. After reading the guide itself (here) I have to agree with you. Seniors who can read and understand it don't need the advice it offers.

I did not know about not leaving blanks in forms and always asking for a "final" stamped copy. Thinking about it, I have not followed this advice for the deferred annuities I bought a few months ago. My mistake.
The link is to a newspaper article about the guide. After reading the guide itself (here) I have to agree with you. Seniors who can read and understand it don't need the advice it offers.

I think the guide is a nice guide. I'm sure that most here probably don't need it. However, never underestimate the mistakes that people can make and how most people (of any age) don't really think about many of the issues raised in the guide.

Back
Top Bottom