A good website....I think

AlanS

Dryer sheet wannabe
I thought of this link while reading OldAgePensioners dilemma.  This site has quite a bit of good information, most of it for free.  If you want more, there is a $49/yr fee.  I haven’t forked up the money, but the free stuff is pretty good.  I am retiring in a few months and have decided on going with one of the fee based advisors mentioned on this board that believes in indexing.  I am afraid I would end up spending more time than I want to if I managed it on my own.

http://www.retiredinvestor.com

The site has some good basic information. Its advice to choose hourly based fee financial advisor seems reasonable.

AlanS said:
I am afraid I would end up spending more time than I want to if I managed it on my own.

You dont have to spend any time or money. Buy wellesley, wellington, target retirement or lifestrategy and then forget about it for 20 years.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I considered options like the Target Retirement funds, but decided I wanted more options on the fixed income side and also like DFA funds which the advisor I am using has access to.

th said:
You dont have to spend any time or money.  Buy wellesley, wellington, target retirement or lifestrategy and then forget about it for 20 years.

I like all these funds. When I cash out of my company stock(private company), I plan to put it in Wellesley. Good income source with appreciation potential.  :cool:

DFA funds are good, and I like some of their slice and dice canned portfolios. Danged if I'm going to pay anyone to get into them though. Even if its only a buck.

(tired AND ornery now)

Back
Top Bottom