A little obituary realism :o

Re:  A little obituary realism :eek:

If you could provide some information on this and perhaps a trip report when you get back that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hyperborea;
We are getting our boat from Locaboat, probably the biggest operator of its kind all over Europe.
http://www.locaboat.com/index_en_tarif.html

We actually rented, at these rates, from an English agent named Emma James, at: www.burgundy-canal.com

We rented a house for the week following the canal trip at: www.athominfrance.com . Americans based out of Oregon, and very easy to work with through all the preparation steps.

Enjoy,
ESRBob

ESRBob,

Thank you for the links. I've had a quick look over them and I'll file them away for the trip planning after we get back from Italy (by train from Napoli to Venice with a lot of stops on the way). Any repots on the trip when you return would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ESRBob,

after we get back from Italy (by train from Napoli to Venice with a lot of stops on the way).  
Thanks

Hyperborea;
Don't know if you'll get south of Naples, but we really enjoyed Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast a few years back. (Pompeis is an hour or so south of Naples). If you go to Pompeii, I'd urge you to spring for an english-speaking guide, as they will really bring the place alive for you. We were just sort of stariing at a bunch of old rocks until we hired the guide, and it turned out to be one of our most memorable experiences in Italy. 'Course the kids still rib me about not springing for a real gondola ride in Venice, but at $75 or $80 for a half-hour I told them their old man was too cheap, and they'd need to come back to Venice themselves one day and buy their own. Still not sure if I made the right decision, but at least we're teaching them a little bit about budgeting!

Enjoy Italia...

ESRBob

I did the gondola ride in Venice several years ago.   I saw a giant rat scurrying along the side of the canal and exclaimed "HOLY SH*T!"  I scared a couple of nuns in the process.

The people and food in Italy are both wonderful, but the rats -- both the scurrying and the flying kind -- are monsters.

ESRBob,

We were thinking about spending 3 nights in Napoli - 1st night we arrive and sleep; second day either in Napoli or go for the day to Pompei (we'll check into the tour guide - thanks); and third day we do what we didn't do on the second day. On the morning of the fourth day we will head to Rome. We have no plans on this trip to head further south. After we retire we'll probably go back and hang out for a few months.

In Venice I wasn't planning on taking a gondola ride - probably the vaporetto instead. ;-)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom