A milestone

My clothing "philosophy" is midway between Nords' and happy2bretired's.

Around the house, often I wear loose, comfortable, old, oversized t-shirts and shorts and barefoot. These clothes look pretty sloppy so I wouldn't even go out in the front yard dressed like this. But oh, the comfort. :D

When Frank and I get together, or when I go out, I wear much nicer, newer casual clothes. So, usually I change at least once during the day and do twice the laundry. I do feel more confident and prettier when I am dressed like in these nicer clothes. I wear New Balance running shoes when dressed like this, so I am not worried about slipping.

My nicer casual clothes are not expensive, so I am not freaked out about spilling things on them. I bought 1-2 dozen polo shirts of the brand that I like (usually $10-$20) for $1.44-$2.88 each on sale the month that I retired. What a find! So, if one gets stained and it doesn't come out in the wash, then it will make a nice rag and I just go on to the next one.

Oh - - and this morning I painted, and I have one t-shirt and one pair of shorts that are exclusively devoted to painting. That's a habit left over from having a separate set of clothes exclusively devoted to mud-sliding when growing up in Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom