Added a security Tolkien to my brokerage account....(security token)

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Security = something you know (your password)
Something you have = a security token (the key fab with very changing number)

Scared to death with all this hacking ...added the above to gain peace of mind.

A security Tolkien... Is that where you carry around a fantasy author to write a magical story that obliterates the bad guys?

Added a security Tolkien to my brokerage account....

Ah a misspelling got through - you've had your fun --pity because this is an important topic. I had my SIL see if she could get a token for her account (different firm) and they didn't offer anything...

Darn auto spell thingie ...

Last edited:
Security = something you know (your password)
Something you have = a security token (the key fab with very changing number)

Scared to death with all this hacking ...added the above to gain peace of mind.

This account protected by mighty wizards, clever elves, doughty axe-wielding dwarves, and the trusty men of Gondor.

This account protected by mighty wizards, clever elves, doughty axe-wielding dwarves, and the trusty men of Gondor.

Sweet Moses will it never end!
But in truth as long as it is protected ...very clever.

YubaKey is far more secure than a text message. The SMS messaging system is not secure.

In case anyone is looking for the Yubikey wanted to clarify spelling - yubico.com I like the 2 factor and ease of use.

With vanguard if you lose your key they default to text so it's kind of pointless. Have you found better luck with other companies?

That was the comment I was going to make...the second factor is completely watered-down if they let you bypass it whenever you feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom