Adios & thanks for ALL!

I understand where you're comin' from. I probably put too much info on this forum, but I look at it this way.....I remember the first time I went to the doc and he said "Scoot down more...more...there you go." At that point, I felt my privacy went out the window. :D

FWIW, I have been told that I need to try to see things from others point of view...:D

Me, i'm terrified of the garbageman, the gas pump jockey, the bagboy at the grocery store, all my tenants who know where i live and what my name is.... Figure they all have far more access to my info than some faceless person on the interweb. Can either stew about it or go "Eh - i'm just not that important".
The garbageman, of course! :LOL:
I read an article several years ago about women being stalked and worse due to too much info release on the net, so I use that as my datum. Mystery is a girl's best friend. :D

Wow! I haven't been around much lately and just stumbled into this thread. I am amazed out how it evolved. I like this forum for many reasons and I read more than contibute as I feel I have more to learn than to share.

But, to keep this post relative, some folks do need to relax a bit and take things a little less [-]serious[/-] personal! Now if I only had access to Dawg54's beer drinking smiley head..... :D

Welcome back, guest; I thought maybe you were away on spring break. :greetings10: Actually I was a little confused as 263 other people are reading the forum as "guest.":clap:

Thanks CuppaJoe! Spring is coming and I find myself outside more than in and have been a busy camper, garden and such.....but that is a good thing!

Hindsight, I would change my name but that isn't how it works!

Yes! If a member has a plausible reason to want to change his/her username, just contact one of the admins such as Janet.

I think "guest" has a good enough reason, personally.... :)

I am going to have to ask/beg/plead to have my username changed, too, in just a little over 200 days now. :D:D:D

I'm looking forward to W2R's 100 day countdown!!!

:dance::clap::dance:

But, to keep this post relative, some folks do need to relax a bit and take things a little less [-]serious[/-] personal! Now if I only had access to Dawg54's beer drinking smiley head..... :D

Burp.......... Personal?
img_807093_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

Well, Jesus Christ, I guess he merits a waiver then.

What's the excuse of the rest of the revolving-door posters?

And, what about the "once per year" pot shot posters? :D

Most here know my story but here's a quick synopsis for those who may have missed it....

November 2006 - inherited 10,000 shares BAC (approx value $550,000)

Feb-May 2007 - bought 5000 more shares for the steady dividend (25+ years with consistently raising it too!) - $250,000 in saved monies...

What!!? So, it sounds like VaCollector had posted here back in 2007 telling everyone that he put all his eggs in one basket. Granted that at the time, BAC was doing well. But no one, NO ONE here told him that it was the wrong thing to do? I just can't believe it. Or may be someone did, but he ignored the advice?

Sam

What!!? So, it sounds like VaCollector had posted here back in 2007 telling everyone that he put all his eggs in one basket. Granted that at the time, BAC was doing well. But no one, NO ONE here told him that it was the wrong thing to do? I just can't believe it. Or may be someone did, but he ignored the advice?

Sam
Check out this thread from July 2007 and please give us a summary of your findings...

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/bank-of-america-29133.html#post543431

and this one from Oct 2007: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/bank-stocks-29784-2.html#post568417

Last edited:
Check out this thread from July 2007 and please give us a summary of your findings...

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/bank-of-america-29133.html#post543431

and this one from Oct 2007: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/bank-stocks-29784-2.html#post568417

Maybe I missed something. Someone, I think 2B, said no more than 10% in any one stock. If he followed this VaCollector would be here today. But others were supportive or noncommittal. I notice that I passed on making any post at all. My only investment in BAC in my entire life was for a few weeks fall of 2007. Am I ever glad!

Ha

Back
Top Bottom