Advice For Selling Home

A question for you Moemg- why are you moving from that very beautiful home in a beautiful place?

Ha

Thanks Ha . The house is just getting too big for us & too much to upkeep . We will be downsizing from 3800 sq. feet to 1800 square feet .

Thanks Ha . The house is just getting too big for us & too much to upkeep . We will be downsizing from 3800 sq. feet to 1800 square feet .
Understand Moe. Life is for living, not maintaining real estate.

Ha

Our VERY modest (1500 sq ft) home is also in a desirable area of a desirable residential town much as you described as well as being easy access about 300 yards to the ocean. The house is solid, clean, in good repair, and comfortable for our needs and over the past 30+ years I have done all the upgrades myself for our comfort. It was the first house built on the street in 1955. There are only about 3 other houses in our neighborhood that haven't been torn down and replaced with 4000 to 6000 sq ft new homes.

When I do consider selling I will hire cleaning services to deep clean inside and outside then only if needed will I paint in neutral color. Right now I could probably get $500k due to the location and lot size. Someone will either buy and do their own updating or (more than likely) tear it down and build a McMansion. Either way I will not waste my money or time. The ROI on most upgrades are typically less than 75% depending on what is being done.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom