Ally raises savings APY to 1.15%

Talk about crazy, somehow i just got a pop up for a bank called CIT Bank that says 1.15 % savings plus cash bonus. How does this happen?

I'm mad at AmEx Savings (all sorts of delays in getting a freaking $1,100 TOD disbursement out of them), so this was the push I needed to go sign up at Ally. :)

Trusts add a another level of complexity in opening accounts like these but I guess worth the extra effort (small)

Got a couple of "raise your rate" CD's I'm going to have to tweak based on their new rates.

Did my end of month check on things and saw where the Amex is up to a whopping 1.05%. Otherwise would not have known. I'll take it but it doesn't really make a lot of difference.

Purepoint Financial has been at 1.25% on savings since April. Closed my Synchrony account and moved all funds about a month ago.

Ally just got around to sending me an email about the 11 mo No Penalty CD@ 1.5 % today which was mentioned on this forum over a week ago. I get the impression they are limiting these promo rates. Looking forward to seeing that new savings rate hit. I just opened IRA savings with them after wrestling with NFCU for 60 days to execute direct xfer.

Nice! I am an Ally Savings customer already. I did begin the process of opening their risk free CDs but they have been pretty slow processing my application. I assume they are pretty swamped.

Thanks GB for letting me know.

I called and since ours in under a Trust, it takes 3-5 business days to process. Luckily they raised the regular savings rate to 1.15% in the meantime, so the rate differential isn't quite as wide as it was when I initially applied.

Synchrony bank is at 1.15% also.

I tried to open an online savings account yesterday as a new customer, but am now remembering that all of my credit reports are frozen--I'm wondering if Ally will get in touch, or will just let my application sink to the bottom.

I get 1.5 and 2% with rewards savings / checking with 2 different accounts for years now. The only stickler is it only works for the first $15k in each account.

They also refund ATM fees to boot.

Back
Top Bottom