Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
Okay, I have to admit that I rarely shop on Amazon (just an occasional book). What is everyone buying that would justify paying to be a Prime member?
I joined mostly for the streaming video, although once in a while an order is under the $35 level and I get free shipping on that.

They have oodles of stuff that isn't available locally like a lot more options for gluten free foods, and I'm about to order a 5 cubic foot freezer that DW wants. If available at all local stores are more expensive for that item.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
Okay, I have to admit that I rarely shop on Amazon (just an occasional book). What is everyone buying that would justify paying to be a Prime member?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
It's not just the free shipping that justifies the Prime membership (but that's a good one). They also have Amazon Prime Videos and Amazon Prime Music. It also includes Amazon Prime Photos and Kindle Owners Lending Library. There's a lot that you get for the $99/year. Here's a link to all the benefits.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

Wow...I guess I'll check Amazon before my next purchase. Currently in a purging stage (clearing out a house we've lived in for 30 years), so no shopping for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 02-17-2016, 06:13 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireAge50 View Post
We use the Amazon store card no problems. 5% statement credit each month and paid automatically. No annual fees or purchase tiers. I do not really care about customer service since I never call them.
Is the paid directly out of a bank account? I don't want to have to mail in checks each month.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #45

Yes, once a month it is paid automatically from my checking account.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Is the paid directly out of a bank account? I don't want to have to mail in checks each month.
I set it up to draw on due date (the only option is the date due) to draw from a checking account. That's worked perfectly so far.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #47

Good to know. Think I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I set it up to draw on due date (the only option is the date due) to draw from a checking account. That's worked perfectly so far.
audrey, how did you set up autopay? Did you have to do it online or are there other ways.......some places allow you to send in bank info on paper or give it over phone.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
audrey, how did you set up autopay? Did you have to do it online or are there other ways.......some places allow you to send in bank info on paper or give it over phone.
I did it online at the synchrony/amazon store card site. It's encrypted, just like transactions with any financial institution, so I don't worry about entering that info online.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #50

audrey......thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #51

I'm waiting for the physical card so that I can have the acct number needed to register online. Then I'll set up autopay. I have been holding off ordering anything until then. I need some tires for my bike, or something for something, come on already!
Old 02-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #52

You can pay on the automated phone like while you're waiting....manually a month at a time.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
I'm waiting for the physical card so that I can have the acct number needed to register online. Then I'll set up autopay. I have been holding off ordering anything until then. I need some tires for my bike, or something for something, come on already!
I was able to use it to order stuff at Amazon before I got anything in the mail. The card was automatically added to my account.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I was able to use it to order stuff at Amazon before I got anything in the mail. The card was automatically added to my account.

Same here. The fake card and paperwork was shredded when it arrived. No need for it.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #55

I tried to set up autopay but needed the full card number to register at Synchronicity. And was advised that I would need to wait for the card in order to see the whole acct number. I realize the acct is active already. I just didn't want to order something and then have the pay cycle close and the bill come due before I set up autopay. It isn't a big deal and probably wouldn't even happen anyway. Just thought I'd wait until it was all taken care of.