Amazon Prime Membership Discount For Vets

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
From today through Nov 11th, you can get an Amazon Prime account for $40 off the normal price by visiting:

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=20125988011#ref=us_mil_pr_blog

If you already have a membership, it will extend your membership for a year but still take the $40 off the normal price. I did this and had zero issues in getting verified as a vet.

Thanks Flyboy -- I forwarded this to a friend.

Last edited:
It worked for me but if you are a female vet, be sure to use the last name you have on your discharge papers.

I have been verified through id.me but I don't know whether that is required for the Amazon verification to work.

My Prime membership renews in April, so I wondered about how this worked. But I looked this morning and sure enough it now shows good until April 2021. So they do in fact just extend your account by a year from its normal expiration date. Nice deal!

Amazon Prime for Veterans only $79 right now

Just go to your page in top right where it says prime, click on it, a banner will come up, follow instructions. For $79 you can add a year to your prime membership, as opposed to $119. Might work best on a PC with chrome.
Oldmike

I just tried it three times, but got an error message, which referred me to Customer Service at VeteransDay@amazon.com. I sent a message and will see if that works.

It's for active duty and discharged veterans.

Thank you all for your service!

Yea, some were having a problem depending on what browser they were using or a phone.
That is why I mentioned a PC using chrome, which worked without problem.
Oldmike

[MOD NOTICE] Two threads on the same topic have been merged.

Does anyone know if you can qualify for the discount if the spouse of the Prime member was in the military, but not the Prime member themselves.

Does anyone know if you can qualify for the discount if the spouse of the Prime member was in the military, but not the Prime member themselves.
My wife is primary member on our Prime account I tried to take advantage of the discount but it looked like it was signing me up for a separate account, which would not help as we have about 4 months to go on her account and do not need two accounts.

I backed out of the sign up process and am watching to see if things change.

Yea, some were having a problem depending on what browser they were using or a phone.
That is why I mentioned a PC using chrome, which worked without problem.
Oldmike

Unless it didn't. I was using Chrome on a PC, but thanks anyway. Especially for the reinforcement.

Thanks! Worked like a charm. Nice discount. Recently also signed up for veteran’s discount at Lowe’s which offers 10%.
Gill

Thanks for the info! I just did it earlier today and it worked out. In my case, my wife was the original Prime member and I was added to the Prime account later. SO, since I'm the Veteran and wanted the deal, Amazon reversed that and made me the Primary and my wife the additional member. We got the additional year at the reduced price. It did take a phone call to Amazon Customer Service and 10 minutes of my time, but it worked fine. AGAIN, Thanks for the tip!!

I guess my 20 years in the Army didn't count... rejected. Went to a website of hundreds of complaints... not optimistic. Sent an Email but am pessimistic.

You'd think the largest company in the world would do better.

I guess my 20 years in the Army didn't count... rejected. Went to a website of hundreds of complaints... not optimistic. Sent an Email but am pessimistic.

You'd think the largest company in the world would do better.

I was rejected at first, too, but I followed their instructions and emailed customer service and was approved within an hour. Why be pessimistic?

The gal (different last name but joint owner on about everything) did the initial Amazon Prime membership. We saw no need for a shared membership - she lets me watch the tv and order on her name and that way we have a long and complete history of anything we've bought. Bills are paid by whatever card we choose - it's all shared money.

But. I tried twice to take advantage of the deal. Even entered the log-in area and edited her user name to "Gal & Calmloki". Then sent an email to VeteransDay@amazon.com with details and a pdf of my DD-214. They sent back a form letter wanting my details, but sent from the Gal's email address. Did so, with all details again and the DD-214. Success. We are all ok and our Amazon membership is extended for a year past the January expiration date. Cool! Not being the named Amazon member made it more difficult - my problem - but they came through for us. Happy camper here.

Thanks, calmloki. The young wife and I are in the same position; she is the Prime member and we just order everything on her account. I am going to try your solution.

Got mine finally approved. Must have been an issue with the verification company as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom