Ambin Anyone?

jdmorton

Recycles dryer sheets
Have any of you had, or know of anyone who has, experience with a company called Ambin? From a friend my wife says this is an energy company that uses 'consultants' to sign up customers to use Ambin as their energy company for electricity. It only costs $400 to become a 'consultant'.

A quick Internet search shows this is only slightly above a scam, as witnessed by some of the stories about either being an Ambin customer or a 'consultant'.

My wife doesn't understand how this friend would become involved with something like this, as this friend has more than enough money for everything including retirement. She has told my wife so.

Of course this friend would like my wife to also become a 'consultant'.:rolleyes:

Don't know that name, but life has taught me to run from deals like this. I originally thought your post was about the sleep medicine, that probably says something.

MRG

So this company charges you to become a salesperson for them. It sounds like something to stay away from.

What is the primary way the consultants make most of the money? If it is selling a genuine good or service that is fine in my book (But, good luck, it sounds like a lot of hard work). If it is recruiting other consultants to sell the goods and services, then I think you have your answer.

By the way, what is the advantage to the consumer of buying one's electricity for one of these consultants versus directly from a power company or power broker?

By the way, what is the advantage to the consumer of buying one's electricity for one of these consultants versus directly from a power company or power broker?

From what I've seen, since these are public utilities, the options to purchase from alternate sources are all made very public. I get plenty of emails from my municipality and the utility, plus notes in my bills.

I can't imagine any benefit (for the consumer) to using a consultant. I'll bet the winner here is the one who collects the $400.

-ERD50

Yes, it is Ambit. Sorry about the mistake. I guess I am so sure this is not anything I want us to be involved with I don't really care to remember the actual name of the company. Considering Pennsylvania has had deregulation of electricity in some form since 1997, I have a feeling those companies trying to get a piece of the action at this stage have to try something different - just not on my dime if I can help it.

Thanks for the replies.

Getting unsolicited calls mails etc. always promts me to think. Why am I such a lucky guy to be offered this wonderful golden opporunity?

Back
Top Bottom