America Saves Week

Milton

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes, America Saves Week, brought to you by Chase Credit Cards.

Cut to the Chase commercial of a wife watching a TV set on the fritz, and telling hubby "You're right, we need a new TV".

Cue Queen singing "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now..."

When there are tobacco-style lawsuits against the credit card companies, this is what they'll point to.

Cut to the Chase commercial of a wife watching a TV set on the fritz, and telling hubby "You're right, we need a new TV".

Well, what an example of people interpreting different messages from the same material. I liked this commercial and thought it was one of the few promoting responsible behavior in a long time. The over the top "I want it all" was humorous and quickly replaced with a responsible call, resulting in a modest purchase and approval of the fiscal restraint.

As for "America Saves Week" that seems pretty pointless. Not that I am against savings, but doing it for one week a year isn't going to have much impact. Seems like a PR play, rather than a serious education effort.

Well, what an example of people interpreting different messages from the same material. I liked this commercial and thought it was one of the few promoting responsible behavior in a long time. The over the top "I want it all" was humorous and quickly replaced with a responsible call, resulting in a modest purchase and approval of the fiscal restraint.

If you see a call to the CC company to check how much you can charge and stay under your credit limit as 'responsible behavior', I agree that we interpret the "I want it all, and I want it now" message entirely differently. I define responsible behavior as not buying the TV until you can pay cash.

Back
Top Bottom