Ameriprise retirement guide

firewhen

Recycles dryer sheets
I received a form letter from Ameriprise to send away for their free guide. If anyone has ever done this, 2 questions:

is it any good?
do they follow up with pesky phone calls? (I do not have to give them my number but it is listed so they could get it, and sending away for it could make the do not call list no longer apply.)

I am thinking that this board likely will provide more useful information than they ever will, but I am curious.

I wonder if they'll have a disclaimer about their fines. :bat:

You could always request they send the guide to [for all you Simpsons fans] "Santos L. Helper".

I received a form letter from Ameriprise to send away for their free guide. If anyone has ever done this, 2 questions:

is it any good?
do they follow up with pesky phone calls? (I do not have to give them my number but it is listed so they could get it, and sending away for it could make the do not call list no longer apply.)

I am thinking that this board likely will provide more useful information than they ever will, but I am curious.

Short and long answer: No, so why bother sending it in? There is plenty of good free information out there that doesn't come with a a person trying to [-]stalk[/-] contact you.

I made the mistake of ordering something from Fisher Investments long ago.
They still call and send me stuff. I gave them a cell number that doesn't work at the office...and they leave voicemail and call off hours. They send junk by mail which I refuse. I can't seem to shake them. I wish I'd never asked for their junk in the first place. If you give them a mailing address, they'll hound you.

I made the mistake of ordering something from Fisher Investments long ago.
They still call and send me stuff. I gave them a cell number that doesn't work at the office...and they leave voicemail and call off hours. They send junk by mail which I refuse. I can't seem to shake them. I wish I'd never asked for their junk in the first place. If you give them a mailing address, they'll hound you.

:D

I'll agree with the comment about Fisher Investments, my mother signed up for some freebie mailing from them perhaps 10 yrs ago, she died 5 yrs ago, and we STILL get crap from them even though I've mailed them back their prepaid postcards several times with a note "recipient deceased".

I'm thinking of actually sending in their "financial planning needs survey" one of these days. I can see having quite a bit of fun with this: residence (give cemetery address, grave site number), anticipated length of time in retirement (eternal), current household members (angels), current health status (at peace), current income (proceeds from recycling junk mail from desperate financial advisors), tax bracket (zero, finally), investment strategy (saving up heavenly riches), etc. etc. etc.

Its not just death and taxes that are inevitable, but also junk mail.

2 things I have learned in life:
1) free is NOT free
2) life isn't always fair
so ... a piece of advice that seems to handle most situations;
... look both ways before crosssing
:D:D:D

I sent for the American Century retirement guide some years ago. It was fine until it funnels everyone into the idea of annuities. I have an account with them but they to not harrass me with junk mail or phone calls.

Back
Top Bottom