Annuities

Tell me what else you invented years before someone else brought it to the attention of the general public.

The other Big Idea that I have come up with and that I am very proud of is the Passion Saving concept.

Whoa. That's kewl!!!! I've GoT thIs GrEAt IDEa NoW. YOu know that thing I invented at age 12? I'm gonna call it the SAVING PASSION concept.

Would you leave a breadcrumb trail so I can interject about SAVING PASSION every time you post? I think maybe a repeated cut and paste of the following in every hocothread would add greatly to the quality of life for many posters:

At the age of 12, I invented the SAVING PASSION concept and ***** would like me to tell you about it. If you would care to examine the confirming evidence collected and posted by my disciple rwj4591 at http:/www.selfabuselowersyourbloodpressure.com, you will find that you will be much better off. Pay no attention to naysayers like tscretin, who have only been trying for three solid years now to keep me from putting my hands, you know, down there. :-[ SAVING PASSION RULEZ!!!!

Whatever you say, nfs.
If whatever I say goes, then forget the breadcrumbs. I'm so famous and important - way more famous and important than you - and can't be bothered with trivialities like mocking you in perpetuity. No, since whatever I say goes, I'm going to insist that you mock yourself in perpetuity. Henceforth, I expect that you will, when posting your unending drivel in unrelated threads on any board, to add or revise your signature to the following:

At the age of 12, an exalted genius invented the SAVING PASSION concept and he would like me to tell you about it. It is as important, perhaps more so, as DBSWR. Examine the confirming evidence collected and posted by his disciple rwj4591 at http:/www.selfabuselowersyourbloodpressure.com and you will find that you will be much better off. Pay no attention to naysayers like tscretin, who are in league with the nuns and only want you to keep from putting your hands, you know, down there. SAVING PASSION RULEZ!!!!
That's option #1. At least it's honorable.

Option #2, also honorable, is to restrict your drivel to your own threads, which can be safely ignored by the sane and numerate.

Option #3 is to FOAD. Honorable too.

Three honorable options for you. I don't know how I know this but you're going to refuse them all. You'll take

Option #4: Continued ravings from a pathetic self-important pseud.

Hey NFS -
You are going to have to change your signature line!

Be sure to cut and save *****' acknowledgement "whatever you say" so in the future when he disagrees with you, you can whip out this quote. BE sure to paste a link in the thread that sends everyone back to this discussion topic.

When you create your website to promote your discovery you can highlight *****' endorsement of your invention. ;)

Cal, how thoughtful of you to suggest an out-of-context hocotation as a tag line. ;)

Yes, sir! Thanks for putting forward those suggestions, sir! Sorry for not knowing to follow them before you put them forward, sir! All hail intercst!

All hail intercst!

When intercst begins posting inane and paranoid drivel at length and ad nauseum, he'll get the same treatment. In the meantime, do the honorable thing.

I think we are off track
It's time for a comeback
So there is no ambiguity
I won't pay for an annuity
Instead, a new kayak

(sorry John, amateur at play)

Dory or somebody?

I think we have set a new record - no. of pages for a thread.

:confused:? Is that true.?

Happy kayaks to you!

Dory or somebody?

I think we have set a new record - no. of pages for a thread.

:confused:? Is that true.?

Happy kayaks to you!
No way. amt's 6.22% thread was at least 22 or 23 pages. Remember you had to stop reading it because your WebTV couldn't handle it?

EDIT: I stand corrected. It's only 16 pages. And it was 6.21%. Link is here. Ah, the memories. I think that's the one where I and a couple of others offended gummy and ran him off ( :-[ ) . And I had some posts which were completely mischaracterizing things. At least I learned some things. This thread has been more fun, though.

Good call Jim, thats another thread started and promoted by a Hoco-clone. There are several people who magically appeared, made one of their first posts some sort of reasonable sounding attack on the SWR analysis, which ***** jumped on like the last chopper out of 'Nam, participated in heavily, quoted like mad all over the other ER boards, and then the OP disappeared after a while, never posting here or anywhere else again.

Theres at least one more monster thread of the same pedigree. Maybe two.

When I pointed out the unlikelihood of someone appearing with an SWR agenda that then vanishes after the 'monster thread' runs its course, and the attention ***** pays to these threads, and the probability that it was ***** in disguise, they stopped happening for a couple of months. When I brought up that fact, suddenly our buddy Tony appears with his annuities morphing into an anti SWR thread...a day later. Of course, we can only find duplicate IP addresses from Dory's end, and by examining the clock values in the IP headers I can determine if two packets with different IP addresses come from the same physical machine...but if old Hoco-loco has access to two machines or a more anonymous collection like a library or internet cafe...well then we cant tell.

Or can we? ;)

If you waste the time to look at the list of logged on users, you can see ***** and JWR1945 appear, do some reading or posting, then one or both disappears and "tony2002" shows up just a few moments later. When he's done and disappears, ***** or JWR1945 frequently re-appear within a few moments.

Fortunately we were created with simple basic intellect that tells any reasonable person that a new user wont become passionately inflamed about SWR's that has never participated before in an ER discussion, and then vanishes and never re-appear. The same intellect looks at the timing of the incidents as described above and sees that more than coincidence is involved.

*****, you sound disappointed and dejected. May I suggest that you stop hurting yourself and spend your time either in your own little paid-for corner of cyberspace over at NFB or revel in the beatings you're getting over at the retire early home page?

Anyone who doubts for a moment that ***** is a troll, take 5 minutes to look at the retire early homepage's "hocomania" board, where *****'s past and current discharges are well chronicled by people who have dealt with him for years. Its all there in great detail spread across years. The self contradictions, the avoidance, the creating of dissension between members, the bogus claims, his emails to people like Bernstein and Burns asking them to come to the board and deny Intercst's SWR claims because he's receiving death threats from Intercst. Its an amazing array of *****-hooery Instead of feeling insulted or not participating, he capers about in the threads, seemingly filled with joy.

Its as it should be...a troll enjoying the full attention of a board community.

What reasonably non-troll would do that?

I think the worst part about this troll isnt its antics, its when it creates these new users and makes us question the validity of new people.

And sure *****, go ahead and whine away that theres no 'proof' of your duplicity.

We're not stupid. We know.

soba3.jpg

(This is all your fault, CT, BMJim and th)

(This is all your fault, CT, BMJim and th)
LOL, the photo didn't show for me in your post, so I thought you were referring to the length of the thread. I was going to ask if that was an admonition or congratulation.

EDIT: TH helpfully copied and posted it next post.

I was able to see the photo by copying and pasting the URL. Maybe clicking on it will let readers see it:

http://www.syberpunk.com/images/oolong/linked/soba3.jpg

If that doesn't work, try cut-and-paste. Some sites block links & images referred from other sites, but cutting & pasting the URL usually gets around that. Or maybe I was the only one with the problem.

I started thinking some of the "pay off the mortgage vs. investing the money" threads might challenge this one, but no; they only make it to 5 or 6 pages.

By the way, the amt 6.21% thread also has TH's dog food tasting stories. There's actually some good reading in there around the analytical arguing, ***** posting and gummy offending.

No way. amt's 6.22% thread was at least 22 or 23 pages. Remember you had to stop reading it because your WebTV couldn't handle it?

EDIT: I stand corrected. It's only 16 pages. And it was 6.21%. Link is here. Ah, the memories. I think that's the one where I and a couple of others offended gummy and ran him off ( :-[ ) . And I had some posts which were completely mischaracterizing things. At least I learned some things. This thread has been more fun, though.
Gee, within 2 hours of my mentioning this thread a new board member posts his first post (link), proposes a similar question and challenges the 4% rule. Quel coincidence. Luckily ***** gave him the link to the 6.21% thread a few minutes later so we don't have to rehash all that again.

For future reference, where are you guys finding those photos? We may need some more soon.

Isnt that remarkable?

This is the worst part of the multi-identity troll. It makes us question possibly valid new users. Most new users do a little "I'm here, been reading a while, decided to post...heres my portfolio...heres a little about me..." and then a while later they start digging into the big questions. Someone that starts off with a leading question that sticks pointedly into SWR calculations or writes 3 page long diatribes about annuities with a link to a salesman, then later quips that the SWR is bogus...you just have to wonder...

google images is your friend...go to google and click on the 'images' link right about the search box. Froogle (right next to images) is also a good low-price finder based on google.

And some dog food tastes pretty dang good. In fact if I want to annoy my pups I eat one of their biscuits in front of them. Tastes like a bland wheat-thin with a vague greasy back of the tongue flavor and a slight hint of lamb.

My wife's already pointed out a few times that once the baby starts motoring around on the floor on his own that we'll have to stop leaving little heaps of dog biscuits around. I quipped "wont kill him, hell I eat 'em every now and then". She gave me the standard issue "thanks for proving my point" look.

Actually I was reading a thread on fark.com (highly recommended if you've never been there) and some guy went off on a very *****-like tangent. One of the regulars responded with that "I dont know what you're talking about, so heres a bunny with a pancake on its head!". It seemed so apropos. I couldnt resist.

From there, a few searches involving 'animal', 'bunny', 'food on its head'...eventually you find some enterprising person with a web site with 10-20 of them. Bobs your uncle!

Quel coincidence.

I can't help it if I'm lucky.

Tell me what else you invented years before someone else brought it to the attention of the general public.

The other Big Idea that I have come up with and that I am very proud of is the Passion Saving concept. Passion Saving is an entirely new approach to money management. I think it is far superior to the conventional approach, which I refer to as "Sacrifice Saving."

I was the first to coin the term "Hoco-mania" and reduce the concept to a single sentence.

An early retirement plan that features leaving a high paying job before you've saved enough money to become financially independent only to accept sub-minimum wage work to make ends meet and feed your family.

I'm also very proud of the "Best of Hoco-mania" board at the REHP forum. A dedicated group of Hoco-mania scholars and researchers have made this one of the fastest growing discussion groups on the Internet.

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=HOCO

intercst

okay let me see if i got this straight..the advertised annuity says 6.75%..hmmmmm .but since they keep my principal it sounds alot lower than that in comparison to a bond return.in fact the way i see it for the first 15 years they are just giving me back my own money with no return.. ha ha what a scam.....

Aside from:
a) not having an estate to leave when you die
b) not having a "fund" for large expenses (e.g. car)

what are the disadvantages of converting a portfolio to life annuities instead of worrying about withdrawal rate.

Thanks

I think rather than trying to figure out how in death you are going to pay for life, save until you can FIRE.

Back
Top Bottom