Annuity Buckets!

Mysto

Recycles dryer sheets
Kiyosaki and Ben Stein have just announced a new book. The basic idea is to delay SS to 70 but make up the difference by using a 4 bucket approach with the first bucket being a fixed lifetime annuity - the second bucket being a variable annuity - the third index funds and the last a bundle of stocks that are traded in and out based on a formula they have developed for market timing. This approach should give a SWR or 12-14% with a 99% success rate back tested for 120 years.

O.K. somebody had to have at least one April Fool.

lol. nice one.

What do they say about mortgages? Pay off or keep and consider as part of your bond allocation?

Also, is the backtest done using historical data or stochastic?

Are you sure there is not a fifth bucket for activly managed funds?

Mysto said:
Kiyosaki and Ben Stein have just announced a new book. The basic idea is to delay SS to 70 but make up the difference by using a 4 bucket approach with the first bucket being a fixed lifetime annuity - the second bucket being a variable annuity - the third index funds and the last a bundle of stocks that are traded in and out based on a formula they have developed for market timing. This approach should give a SWR or 12-14% with a 99% success rate back tested for 120 years.

The Kiyosaki/Ben Stein book is bad enough. If this isn't April Fools I want to do a Trombone Al. Any VA is wrong, wrong, wrong. Any trading formula is also wrong, wrong, wrong. I will concede that some people may find solice in the wrong decision to buy an immediate, fixed annuity. I can back test anything I'd like to screw convice you with.

Mysto said:

O.K. somebody had to have at least one April Fool.

My secret is to market the left handed hamburger. The condiments will be on the other side. This will provide enough residual income to live on in retirement sans investments.

Back
Top Bottom