Annuity with a guaranteed 8% annual return

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Mechanic, your responses without quoting who you are replying to make no sense.

Like watching someone walk down a hallway, opening doors at random and having a one-way conversation into an empty room...

He likes me, he really likes me!! :LOL:

My attempt was to initially answer an annuity question. But, instead I ran into a hornets nest of experts on annuities.

(note you can click the "quote" button at the bottom of a post and voila! we can all understand just what your reply concerns.)

I think the annuity question posted in February 2010 had already been answered if you read the entire thread. Not much help to chime in 10 months after the last post on the thread.

Pal, my one note was in defense to the asine comments from the deep well of ignorance.

In a thread that had been dormant for a year, and that YOU reawakened (post #84?)

Perhaps someday you will reveal an interest in something, anything else related to retirement, other than the annuities that you also (ever so conveniently) happen to sell. (sigh)

To ReWahoo: Thanks for letting me know my comments were not directed at the initial response. First time on this site. You are right, I'm on the wrong forum.

Attachments

• insurance.jpg
    insurance.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
2: Re asking for the prospectus: There is no prospectus with fixed index annuities, the type in question here. There is a statement of disclosure. The disclosure statement is roughly 12 pages in length.

I am very familiar with the Allianz Master Dex product.

Is the disclosure statement available somewhere on line? I found a short description here, https://www.allianzlife.com/products/fixedindexannuities/MasterDexXHow.aspx
but it's missing the important numbers.

And you'll find similar frustration from many E-R forum members when an annuity [-]salesman[/-] authority shows up to "help" the lumpen masses gathered here gain knowledge about the unjustly maligned "investment" known as an annuity.
Well, I am very positively disposed toward annuities, because I just got an invitation for a filet mignon dinner with wine at Ruth's Chris, and it's right downtown so I don't have to drive to Bellevue to enjoy it. Even paid parking!

I plan to ask some real softball questions so I might get invited back if he does it again. This guy must have quite a business because the dinner must cost him $50+ per plate.

Ha

Well, I am very positively disposed toward annuities, because I just got an invitation for a filet mignon dinner with wine at Ruth's Chris, and it's right downtown so I don't have to drive to Bellevue to enjoy it. Even paid parking!

I plan to ask some real softball questions so I might get invited back if he does it again. This guy must have quite a business because the dinner must cost him $50+ per plate.

Ha

No kidding? Ruth's Chris? There's one in my area and you're right - it's easily $50 per head. Gotta love those sizzling steaks and attentive waiters.

I'm sorry but I can't be convinced. Calling it an 8% return is misleading IMO, if the returns are deferred. If we're allowed to do that, then give me $1M, and 50 years from now I'll give you 10% guaranteed return...how's that? :rolleyes:

If I had 2 hours extra time I'd run a complete NPV analysis on this with DCF model, and show that return to be substantially less than the 8% mentioned.

Hello there MB. Nope, I'm a local guy. Just trying to set the record straight when it comes to annuities. A great strategy when properly used.

Thanks

Yo, [EDIT] get a life!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are those who are at the same place as they were 10 years ago, still waiting for their brokers to earn their fees.

What fees? :D Oh, there are expenses, in my case 12 basis points annually, but that's it. No subaccount fees, surrender charges, mortality and expense risk charge, administrative fees beyond that 12 basis points, or sales load.

And anyone 'at the same place as they were 10 years ago' needs to look at their asset allocation. Putting everything into passbook savings or the S&P 500 is a pretty poor idea.

Hint: Folks here eat Modern Portfolio Theory for breakfast, and some of us pick fights with Gene Fama over CAPM. Quite a few people here can pass the Series 6 and 63 exams with their eyes closed. A number could do well on the Series 7 and 42 exams, and several folks would have no problem with the Series 65/66. We ain't eggzactly fresh off the turnip truck.

Credibility is sort of the currency here. Announcing that you're an Insurance Salesman here to set us right pops you right into the bottom decile.

What fees? :D Oh, there are expenses, in my case 12 basis points annually, but that's it. No subaccount fees, surrender charges, mortality and expense risk charge, administrative fees beyond that 12 basis points, or sales load.

And anyone 'at the same place as they were 10 years ago' needs to look at their asset allocation. Putting everything into passbook savings or the S&P 500 is a pretty poor idea.

Hint: Folks here eat Modern Portfolio Theory for breakfast, and some of us pick fights with Gene Fama over CAPM. Quite a few people here can pass the Series 6 and 63 exams with their eyes closed. A number could do well on the Series 7 and 42 exams, and several folks would have no problem with the Series 65/66. We ain't eggzactly fresh off the turnip truck.

Credibility is sort of the currency here. Announcing that you're an Insurance Salesman here to set us right pops you right into the bottom decile.

And many of us have a whole lotta letters after our names, generally much harder to earn letters then Certified Annuity [EDIT] (CAW) and similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom