Any good experiences dealing with Vanguard Flagship Services

I did find out that if you do achieve The Flagship tier that funds that were closed to new investors are now open to you. That is a nice perk. Not sure if that is the way it is with all closed funds but it was for the closed fund I asked about. (High Yield Corporate)

I have been a Flagship customer for ~ 5 years, Select for 15 before that, and use the annual financial planning offer. Since it's free. I have found them unbiased and they have never asked for me to transfer assets from my Fidelity accounts to VG. They are also the only people that I can talk to that know my finances and have been honest and candid. They are not pushy and I feel as though they really are trying to help me reach my goals. Often comparing what other clients are doing in my circumstances really helps.

I also take advantage of the huge discount for TurboTax.

I also have a Fidelity rep. and they have tried to have me move my assets to them from VG. They are competent and have offered good advise. One thing that I have noticed is that the VG people are certified financial planners and much more mature, age wise, then the Fidelity team. That could just be my experience.

Another difference is the web site and portfolio tracking tools. I have found VG's much easier to use compared to Fidelity's.

Just my two cents

I also have a Fidelity rep. and they have tried to have me move my assets to them from VG. They are competent and have offered good advise. One thing that I have noticed is that the VG people are certified financial planners and much more mature, age wise, then the Fidelity team. That could just be my experience.

Another difference is the web site and portfolio tracking tools. I have found VG's much easier to use compared to Fidelity's.

Just my two cents
Funny observation re: relative age. I had all our holdings with Fidelity from about 85-95, and most the reps were very young indeed. Anxious to please, but knowledge was highly variable, some pretty good - some way over their heads.

And it's nice (and surprising) to hear VG's website & portfolio tracking tools are better than Fidelity. When I left Fido for VG, it was a very clear step backward in terms of online tools and even periodic paper statements (quit paper years ago)...

My one good experience with Flagship Services is that Turbotax deluxe is a free download. If there are other services that are worth while I'm all ears.

Can you load your prior turbotax data into the free program? Or it a free download that is basically the same thing you would get by buying it from Intuit?

Can you load your prior turbotax data into the free program? Or it a free download that is basically the same thing you would get by buying it from Intuit?

Its exactly the same program (turbo tax deluxe) you would get buying directly from intuit. Brought in my TT data from 2011 no problems.

When I first began investing (with Vanguard), I would have killed for the opportunities that Flagship members have for advice and portfolio planning.

Last year I finally reached Flagship status for the first time. But by now, I feel a lot more comfortable making these decisions on my own, so I have not taken advantage of these opportunities.
How much does one need to be Flagship worthy?

Back
Top Bottom