Any Reckless Spenders Out There Today?

What I really need to have, like roofs over my head, cars for transportation, an RV for some future adventures, I already have. So, what to buy indeed!

If your needs are indeed so simple, why not give up the part time job?:angel:;)

Then, I will have to think about what to do all day!

And then, the market may just drop 1000 points in a day, and seeing people jumping up and down gets me excited too!

Yeah! We will all have to admit that hanging around here is the most LBYM way to self-entertain ;), but aren't all addictions bad? :confused:

PS. To further answer FireDreamer's question, I just now remember that I am NW-"Scrooge"-Bound. I like to count money! So, I work to have more to count, and not to spend.

See, you wasted all that money on gas and car wear-and-tear, not to mention risked an accident and higher insurance premiums, and did not even buy a thing. Clearly, you have a tendency to over-spend!

You're right! :2funny: Thanks :)

Ah, the feeling of having some excess money, but not knowing what to do with it!

Sometimes, I feel envious of people who crave something that I can easily afford but do not care to have. If only my happiness could be purchased so readily... And no, it is not because I am craving something out of my reach, like a yacht, or a jet. I don't care about these either. What I really need to have, like roofs over my head, cars for transportation, an RV for some future adventures, I already have. So, what to buy indeed! Of course I can "buy" some more travels, but I need to ration myself there too, even if money is no object. On the road all the time, then it becomes routine and more like work! Nothing left to look forward to.

What to do, what to do, indeed!

Sit back and enjoy your good fortune and freedom, doing whatever you really like to do most, I guess! Works for me. Life could be worse. :flowers:

I too, have money and don't know what to spend it on. Have taken to giving it away.

I too, have money and don't know what to spend it on. Have taken to giving it away.

I admire that so much. I am not as saintly as you (at least not right now). Maybe someday. I haven't had this problem very long yet. :blush:

I don't know when I will be tired of counting... :blush:

Attachments

• 6415-97456-scroogemcduckjpg-468x.jpg
    6415-97456-scroogemcduckjpg-468x.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1
Hmm... If I convert my networth to red cents, would the pile reach that depth of 90 ft, I wonder. Most likely not! But that 90ft would take a lot of time to count.

Guys used to do that where I grew up. It must be a male thing...I've never seen a woman throw nuts in a soda bottle... (there's got to be a good joke here, but I've got nothin' :blush:)

Barbara Mandrel did, at least she bragged about doing it in one of her songs....:)

Well, I don't exactly feel the need to buy anything - - but I have more money than any other time in life so far, and I feel like I *should* be spending it. That's what it is for, and I don't want to LBYM to the point of self-flagellation. Moderation in all things.
Well I haven't had this problem even though I have the funds. It seems a little backwards to me to look for something to spend extra money on.....

But then again, I am pretty good at spending large chunks every few years when we decide to make some major life changes.

I'd say - let is accumulate for a rainy day. And then make sure you are really doing what you want to do with all your free time and maybe at some point the spending will take care of itself?

Since you aren't much into travel that removes kind of a big spending opportunity. I tend to buy experiences rather than things.

Audrey

When I was younger I used to spend recklessly - never going into consumer debt, but buying nice things and generous gifts. As I get closer to FIRE those things seem much less important. Nowadays "reckless spending" is usually under $50, and it's more likely to be about experiences, e.g. a bottle of good wine, a book, a concert ticket.

I didn’t think DW and I were reckless spenders but due to our current situation we’ve had to take a very hard look at our spending. In the past I would brag about how far below our means we lived - solid income working in hi-tech but living in a modest paid for home with inexpensive paid for cars. But now that I am really looking at our spending weekly, line by line, I’m pretty troubled by what I see. All we had really done in the past is keep our fixed expenses low while our variable expenses went haywire!

We are now printing off our weekly budget each Saturday morning and tracking our spending day by day.

News flash: it’s MUCH harder for us to curtail spending that it was to just keep the income moving up.

Well now -after being a 'cheap SOB' for a reasonbly long enough period to ER and dinking around for 16 years in ER, I keep hearing this vicious rumor:

'you can't take it with you.'

heh heh heh - so I'm trying to lighten up - a tad. :D

Well now -after being a 'cheap SOB' for a reasonbly long enough period to ER and dinking around for 16 years in ER, I keep hearing this vicious rumor:

Splurging on those "designer" Carhartt bib overalls instead of the Big Smiths? :D

I guess i really pushed the boat out yesterday as not only did I get my colour touched up, but I had them throw in some expensive highlights. Guess it was worth it as they make me look 5 years younger and 10 lbs lighter, well at least I tell myself that to justify the cost.

I guess i really pushed the boat out yesterday as not only did I get my colour touched up, but I had them throw in some expensive highlights. Guess it was worth it as they make me look 5 years younger and 10 lbs lighter, well at least I tell myself that to justify the cost.

This thread is useless without pictures...:LOL:

Admitting that on this board would be like telling someone on a vegetarian board that you just had a big steak dinner.

Splurging on those "designer" Carhartt overalls instead of the Big Smiths? :D

Better coffee shops?

Back
Top Bottom