Anybody buying variable annuities?

I have a taxable account and max out my Roth and simple Ira. I know taxable expenses are cheaper but VA seems so simple just buy index funds. I could be at 15% when I take money out so taxes could equal out. Thanks for your in put

No VA for me either, but this year I have bought some deferred annuities, as discussed in other threads.

I am looking to protect some of my assets in the form of an annuity. Rates for fixed annuities are very low. Any thoughts on VA's- advice and or specific products would be appreciated. Fed up with the roller coaster!!!

You came to the wrong place for recommendations on which variable annuity to purchase. The insurance company and the salesman are the only sure winners on that product.

You must be [Mod Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you are joking, right? If not, there is no need for personal attacks.

1.7 trillion dollars in Variable annuities. Do you really think the only people benefiting are the insurance company and the salesman? Do you honestly think there's not a market for what the product offers? Learn to think objectively. And don't be so sensitive.

1.7 trillion dollars in Variable annuities. ... Do you honestly think there's not a market for what the product offers?
P.T. Barnum knows exactly why all those folks bought them.
Learn to think objectively.
Objective thinking and unbiased analysis reveal why the high costs of VA's make them poor investments. Like the lottery, only those who don't understand the costs/odds buy a ticket.
And don't be so sensitive.
I suppose annuity salesmen get used to name calling and lack the sensitivity of the general population?

P.T. Barnum knows exactly why all those folks bought them.

Objective thinking and unbiased analysis reveal why the high costs of VA's make them poor investments. Like the lottery, only those who don't understand the costs/odds buy a ticket.
I suppose annuity salesmen get used to name calling and lack the sensitivity of the general population?

Why are you calling me an annuity salesman?

Anyway.. Some people will pay the fees (for variable) for certain riders and benefits that they offer. It's not designed the beat individual stock picking or funds, why would you even think that?

I had a great day today. Helped my patients. Planned my next mobile clinic in Central America in Sept when we will help save lives again. Life is great, and trolls won't change anything to that... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom