Anybody doing anything with their portfolios in light of Gov. S/D ?

I am hanging tough staying the course until the 11th game Chiefs/Broncos before possibly adding them to my underdog list. I spent a long time in the wilderness before 2009 with the Saint's.

Meanwhile my VG Target Retirement index fund stays on full auto.

heh heh heh - ok ok so I may buy some new deck chairs for the titanic with petty cash - CVX, NUE, - wild and crazy stuff. :D :rolleyes:

My view is that there aren't any buying opportunities here, at least not yet. Looking at the YTD chart of some basic asset classes, every one of them is near their recent highs, except for REITs. So I guess I could buy some more REITs, but so far I haven't deviated enough from my target allocation to justify a purchase.

All this may change, however. Never underestimate the ability of Congress to mess things up.

My view is that there aren't any buying opportunities here, at least not yet. Looking at the YTD chart of some basic asset classes, every one of them is near their recent highs, except for REITs. So I guess I could buy some more REITs, but so far I haven't deviated enough from my target allocation to justify a purchase.

All this may change, however. Never underestimate the ability of Congress to mess things up.

I agree. I will wait for them to go up 20% from here, then I will know that they were good buys.

Several of my emerging/frontier market funds/ETF's are priced lower than at the start of this year, adjusting for dividends. Not at recent lows, but well off recent highs. Fairly similar to REIT's.

I'm not making any changes for now. So far it's just a minor bump on a serious uphill climb. If I see this chart back below 1400 I'm all in like gangbusters.

10082866945_2ef503b514_c.jpg

I rebalanced back in May when the equity allocation exceeded my wide 10% allocation band (nominal 50/50). Since then nothing much has happened (according to the allocation calculation) so back to my usual slumber. One of the things I really really like about having wide reallocation bands is that this method tends to filter all the BS to where nothing much is to be done in response to screaming headlines. As a reference point, the prior rebalance to the May 2013 one was in February 2007. I almost rebalanced ( in the opposite direction) in March 2009 but the market took off like a rocket just as I was getting ready to do it.

My main strategy remains unchanged, and that is to check my portfolio value on days when the market goes up, and to not look at it at all on days when the market goes down.

As for changing AA? Nope.

Bought some KO yesterday when it crossed the 3% mark and a couple of shares of CVX today. I will buy more XOM if it crosses 3% also.

Same here with KO also keeping an eye on BAX and CLX

Back
Top Bottom