Anybody else get kicked out of the club?

Wouldn't do a lot of good if you couldn't escape the island, would it?
Good point... I'll waltz by Mr. Howell and take the professor. After all, he could make a radio out of a coconut....

Good point... I'll waltz by Mr. Howell and take the professor. After all, he could make a radio out of a coconut....

....so what? I made the dog's breakfast out of my retirement portfolio.

Husband and I had dinner with friends last month, learned that one lost $1.5M to Madoff. She will always be a member of the club.

Husband and I had dinner with friends last month, learned that one lost $1.5M to Madoff. She will always be a member of the club.

At the risk of being noisy could you share how/why she got involved with Madoff did she ever get suspicious.

Other than spring for dinner, I am not sure how you comfort a friend in that situation.

To clarify, club membership is up to anybody who has paper losses and/or realized losses greater than $1 million in their investment portfolio as measured from the market peak in the fall of 2007.

img_811958_0_fca69b397bdb8a9b97abf42bf50584c7.jpg

Uh, not quite how I remembered them. Think I'll pass.

At the risk of being noisy could you share how/why she got involved with Madoff did she ever get suspicious.

Other than spring for dinner, I am not sure how you comfort a friend in that situation.

To clarify, club membership is up to anybody who has paper losses and/or realized losses greater than $1 million in their investment portfolio as measured from the market peak in the fall of 2007.

She is a lady in her 90s, a retired MD from NYC. I suspect that her investments were "under management" by a third party. She fits the Madoff client to a T.

She is an absolute dear. If she had no family she could be one of mine in a minute.

With beer goggles...

Attachments

• cast-of-gilligans-island.jpg
    cast-of-gilligans-island.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19
Other than spring for dinner...
It's still going to take a lot of dinners to recoup that loss.

Dumb question-- if she was suckered into Madoff by her investment managers, what SIPC insurance or other legal recovery options does she have?

I wish I weren't a member but will be for some time yet to come I suspect. Good news, though, is that the portfolio has rebounded somewhat in recent weeks.

img_812603_0_fca69b397bdb8a9b97abf42bf50584c7.jpg

Uh, not quite how I remembered them. Think I'll pass.
Ginger and Mary Ann aren't exactly what I remember, but then again, neither am I.

As to bbb's question "What I can do with very little", I'm sure I could make you point and laugh hysterically. :LOL:

I was a member. But thanks to Russia, Sweden and China, I am no longer in the club :clap:

In 2001 my dad was VIP member(aka could have paid for another person to join)

If you measure it from absolute high until today, DW has been kicked out. Hopefully, my turn will come.

I hope they don't increase dues to compensate for loss of membership or I'll be here a long time.

I'm still struggling to join the "I have a million dollars in the market" club!

The entry fee is stiff 'cos it's, well, a million dollars.

I have a million yen, perhaps...:D

Back
Top Bottom