Join Early Retirement Today

Anyone else missing outside accounts on Fidelity's site?
Old 02-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anyone else missing outside accounts on Fidelity's site?

I had added all my Vanguard accounts as outside accounts on Fidelity.com and they showed up in the portfolio summary (left side of home screen) and in my portfolio balances. I used to use Yodlee for this until they stopped fixing stuff on their Labs site, so Fidelity has been my aggregator for about a year now without issue.

But now they've all disappeared from my summary in Fidelity's home page (and in detailed balances) and the only option for adding outside accounts is Coinbase (?!?!). The strange part is that I still have all of them in Full View which the home page used to get data from, so my FV amounts are correct but I can't see detailed fund info there. I thought they might be having some issues to fix but it's been two weeks now and nothing's changed.

So has anyone else seen this and know what's going on? I guess I could chat with them to see, curious to know what the deal is. Really not interested in picking yet another aggregator but might have to go this route if Fidelity can't/won't fix it.
GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan View Post
I had added all my Vanguard accounts as outside accounts on Fidelity.com and they showed up in the portfolio summary (left side of home screen) and in my portfolio balances. I used to use Yodlee for this until they stopped fixing stuff on their Labs site, so Fidelity has been my aggregator for about a year now without issue.

But now they've all disappeared from my summary in Fidelity's home page (and in detailed balances) and the only option for adding outside accounts is Coinbase (?!?!). The strange part is that I still have all of them in Full View which the home page used to get data from, so my FV amounts are correct but I can't see detailed fund info there. I thought they might be having some issues to fix but it's been two weeks now and nothing's changed.

So has anyone else seen this and know what's going on? I guess I could chat with them to see, curious to know what the deal is.
I don't have outside accounts on my Fidelity home screen, but do know they have changed the home screen; thus cutting out some previously shown information due to the temporary crashing of the Fido site last month.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

I still see my vanguard and other holdings at Fidelity under the analysis tab. I do not use the full view feature. No need to give access to my accounts to any third party.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I am having the same issue (gone from home screen, available in full view). They disappeared during the recent market turbulence, so I thought it was a glitch due to volume. Now it appears to be permanent.
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagniappe View Post
I am having the same issue (gone from home screen, available in full view). They disappeared during the recent market turbulence, so I thought it was a glitch due to volume. Now it appears to be permanent.
I thought it was an on purpose decision by Fidelity
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago about it. Said it was temporary due to volume during the correction and that it would be added back later. Maybe Runningman gave them a heads up on his forecast so they are sitting tight for now.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago about it. Said it was temporary due to volume during the correction and that it would be added back later. Maybe Runningman gave them a heads up on his forecast so they are sitting tight for now.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

They also lost all my entries for their retirement score during the same time period. Strange...
Old 02-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #9

They had a notice in red type for about a year saying they were going to update the home page. They even asked for your input. The change on the home page came through about 2 weeks ago. Nothing to due with the market drop or Fidelity slow down during the market drop. I list outside accounts on the "Analysis" tab.
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfirev5 View Post
I still see my vanguard and other holdings at Fidelity under the analysis tab. I do not use the full view feature. No need to give access to my accounts to any third party.

+1
I enter outside accounts manually for the same reason. I only update them quarterly. The funds will update share price/value by just clicking the edit button but quantity changes (due to reinvestment, purchase, or redemption) have to be entered manually.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #11

I have the same issue. Don't really like the new home page as it doesn't list market conditions anymore.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:34 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbach View Post
I have the same issue. Don't really like the new home page as it doesn't list market conditions anymore.
Not sure what you mean by market conditions, but if you mean major index values, I still get them. Have you tried clicking the customize button on the right side of the screen that lets you add or delete items to display?
Old 02-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #13

Yeah, major index values is what I meant. I see that now they are near the bottom instead and you have to scroll down. I didn't really see a customize button.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

This note recently appeared on my home page:

"While we’re doing some maintenance on this page, you might not be able to access some content, including customized page views. Thank you for your patience."
Old 02-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagniappe View Post
They also lost all my entries for their retirement score during the same time period. Strange...
I don't see the retirement score anywhere either - though the retirement calculator still provides projections (using the info I entered months ago ) after I log in and then use one of the links below (first two go to the same page.)

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...anceLanding.go

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...tomer/pgc/hub/

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...omeProjections
Cessna152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

+1 as well. I do hope it comes back soon as I enjoyed seeing the summary
JohnnyBGoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:35 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna152 View Post
I don't see the retirement score anywhere either - though the retirement calculator still provides projections (using the info I entered months ago ) after I log in and then use one of the links below (first two go to the same page.)

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...anceLanding.go

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...tomer/pgc/hub/

https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw...omeProjections
If you type in "Retirement Distribution" in the box in the upper right part of the home screen, it will take you to a page where you hit "Planning and Guidance", then it goes to the screen where you hit "Get Started".
3 steps instead of prior 1 step on the home screen.
All my information was still saved though.
They said it would temporary. We shall see.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

My retirement score showed up on my home screen today.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
My retirement score showed up on my home screen today.
So does mine. Alas, it says it as current as of January 8 and I have no idea how to get it to update based on changes made to my account since then. Running the tool and editing some of the entries doesn't seem to update it.
Cessna152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna152 View Post
So does mine. Alas, it says it as current as of January 8 and I have no idea how to get it to update based on changes made to my account since then. Running the tool and editing some of the entries doesn't seem to update it.
My score is updated through 02/27. Today's activity typically updates overnight.
Maybe try again...