Anyone from California with a new Discover Card number?

lrak

Recycles dryer sheets
When I signed onto my Discover account online this week, I was notified -

"A Discover Card with a new account number has been mailed to you as a replacement to the card you currently carry. If you have received your new card, it is easy to activate it online now. If you prefer to activate your card by phone, call 1-866-847-2350.

Why you're getting a new account number:
Your account number has changed as part of a systems upgrade that offers you even more benefits, such as, enhanced security monitoring on your account to help detect fraud earlier."

The same thing happened to a friend of mine. I contacted customer service to ask why my account number was suddenly changed after 13+ years with no fraud alerts or chargebacks ... and got the same line of BS. I believe if you are a California resident and your data was lost the company needs to notify you what information was compromised. Were any of you notified? Was it just the name and card number or more?

This happened to my husband's Citi card. They just said they were changing the name of the card and the rewards system so his number had to change too. This actually caused some problems with his recurring charges for cable and stuff. It was really weird, and there was no explanation at all.

Back
Top Bottom