Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

most likely flat .. I hope.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Over Christmas I visted with a relative who helps manage large portforlios for a financial group. He thinks the US market will probably be flat for the year. For emerging markets he thought that China is oversold and overpriced but that India has promise of higher returns. He has hedged his personal portfolio some commodities and thinks there is still a lot of credit risk in the economy. So there's an opinion of someone who watches things quite closely and someone I trust, FWIW.

Personally, I'm a little more interested in interest rates and bond fund prices this year more than equity trends. I'm thinking that there is only one direction for rates to go and that they will indeed go that way as the economy consolidates.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

I'll throw in a WAG for the DOW closing 2010 at 11299
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

My guess is the market will have some downturns over 2010 but mostly remain where it is.

However, I fear Iran, Housing prices, things we don't know about banks, crazy politicians, unemployment, tsumamis, earthquakes, and terrorists.

Happy New Year
Old 01-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

S&P500 will hit 1300 in 2010. I don't have a clue what it will end at, or the low for the year.