Anyone own Gold/Sliver Bullion Bars?

I have a friend who owns his own printing business. One of the applications generates silver as a by product. He reclaims it somehow and has these large heavy silver bars in his office. They have been accumulating and kicking around his office for years and now they are worth quite a bit of money. He wants to keep them though, in case of emergency. Deep down I think he has bunker type survivalist mentality at heart.

A K and C survivalist?
(Kalashnikov and concertina wire)

I have a friend who owns his own printing business. One of the applications generates silver as a by product. He reclaims it somehow and has these large heavy silver bars in his office. They have been accumulating and kicking around his office for years and now they are worth quite a bit of money. He wants to keep them though, in case of emergency. Deep down I think he has bunker type survivalist mentality at heart.

Interesting turn in the reason to keep gold or silver. Just a few days ago a friend asked what I thought of the idea of keeping a bar of gold or silver in the safe for a major upheaval situation. He thought he could shave off a little at a time to buy necessities. I told him I didn't think it would work to well. I suggested a small bag of diamonds of different sizes you only expose what you are willing to trade. With more thought a well stocked gun cabinet would probably be more important.

:bat: :D

Jeb

well. I suggested a small bag of diamonds of different sizes you only expose what you are willing to trade. With more thought a well stocked gun cabinet would probably be more important.

If you have guns, you can get all the gold, silver, or diamonds you need..........;)

Gold is "financial apocalypse insurance". I think it's reasonable to have 3-5% of ones assets in it (for insurance and "diversification" purposes against the dollar) but more than that is probably a loser unless the worst case geopolitical and economic fears come to pass.

Resisting... resisting...

Back
Top Bottom