Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
Mine also finally popped up on "where's my return" this morning also after 19 days. Thanks to all for tolerating my previous rants

FIFY

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Texas View Post
I am happy to report that, after 19 days in limbo-land, the Where's My Refund finally shows IRS received our tax return and to expect our refund by March 6th. It's still neck-in-neck if I'll get my refund or my passport first. I'm still betting on the passport even though it was mailed ten days after I e-filed my tax return. Oh, the suspense!
I wouldn't get too excited. Where's my refund shows we should expect our money by 2/21. I'm still expecting.

And I've found the passport agency to be pretty efficient. i needed a new one before we went to europe last year. I was able to show up that morning and get a new one in hand about 40 mins before my flight left. i made the flight, and I am still married.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
Mine also finally popped up on "where's my return" this morning also after 19 days. Thanks to all for tolerating my previous rants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
FIFY
The dogs came in the room to see why I was laughing so hard.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #64

Quote:
The dogs came in the room to see why I was laughing so hard.
I'm glad the dogs got to see the bright side of this
Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #65

Quote:
I mailed my passport renewal 10 days after I e-filed my taxes. I bet I'll get my passport before my refund. At least the Department of State's Passport_Application_Status website works. (I put in the link in case some of you were not aware you could track your passport application.)
I got an email this morning my passport has been processed and will be sent priority mail. I should have it "on or about 03/03/2012". I even have a tracking number.

Nothing yet on the tax refund.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #66

Both Passport and the electronic IRS Refund arrived today.

It would be a tie except for the significant difference between actual and estimated processing times.
  • Dept of State estimate on passport processing: 4 to 6 weeks. Actual was 15 days.
  • IRS estimate on processing refunds: 10 - 21 days. Actual was 27 days.
The interesting part about the passport renewal was mailing it to Philly and having it processed out of Hot Springs National Park. I'm not sure why it wasn't processed out of Houston.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #67

Thanks for letting us know. Why wasn't the passport processed out of Houston? I bet the passport office people saw this thread, called the IRS office, got the real date for the refund (which they always knew) and decided to reroute the thing to make both arrived the same day. They are messing with your mind.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #68
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
I e-filed with TT on Feb 11, IRS website says I should get refund by Feb 28th.
I got my refund on the 29th.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #69

Quote:
They are messing with your mind.
LOL... that's not hard to do these days.

Quote:
Why wasn't the passport processed out of Houston?
This is the first time we haven't mailed our passport renewals to Houston and the first time Houston did not send us the new passports. I Googled (when did that become a verb) the Hot Springs National Park Passport Office and found an article about the expansion of their service center a few years ago. It's still confusing because Houston offers the same services. Maybe Philly makes the assignments based on workload and Hot Springs had less work than Houston. That would actually make sense so it can't be right...

I fully believe had I needed my passport quickly it would have taken more than six weeks.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #70
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I filed my federal taxes using TT on 2/4/2012 and my checking account finally got my IRS refund on 2/29, about a week longer than TT said it should be.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #71
Recycles dryer sheets

Got our Cali return in 5 days...waiting on the feds too.

Their response...
Refund Status Results

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 28, 2012. Please wait until that date to contact us again because we cannot take any action until then. Thank you for your patience.

Still waiting....
Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #72

we filed on 2/10. WMR said 2/21 for refund. About 2/25 it updated and said they were sending the money on 2/29. Sure enough, money arrived 2/29.