Anyone w/ Bank of America accounts?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What do they charge for a cashier's check made out to you for closing an
account or for a maturing CD? Have gotten 2 types of answers:
$7 and outright surprise that they would charge anything from their reps.
........so I'm confused unless the real-world answer is $7 unless you can manage by charm or threat to get that waived. Once these funds are removed, there will be nothing there so they have no incentive to be nice to me.

Well I do not have an answer but stuff like this is why I went to credit unions years ago.

Sorry I can't answer. Got this from the BofA website
Do you offer cashier's checks?

Yes, Bank of America offers cashier's checks. To find the exact fee for your account, please call the number on your statement or checks, or the number for Bank of America in your local telephone directory.

So the fee may vary.
I decided to use credit unions exclusively 25 or so years ago when banks started charging a fee for conducting transactions at a teller window.

The bank manager can waive the fee if they are so inclined. I closed my account (it was open only 3 weeks) after they screwed me over royally. The manager authorized a no-fee cashier's check for the full value of my account. It was the least he could do.

I use bank checks from BOA to attend RE auctions ... no fee.

What irks me is the 10 day "hold" on deposits of 5k or more. Seems to me if the funds are from an in state bank there is no need for this. Too many Nigaragian Princes out there ...

Back
Top Bottom