Join Early Retirement Today

Applied for ss - "cannot process your application"
Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Applied for ss - "cannot process your application"

I applied for SS online last wk. and yesterday checked status go the following
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot process
your benefit application online because some information we have
on file is different than the information you provided....
call some number

so I called the number and the SSN lady that answered said
everything looks good and does
not know why I got that message but just wait a few weeks.
Said if "no one calls means everything is ok"

Just sounds like a weird response to me like she just didn't know and who gives a sh%$

This ever happen to anyone else?

thks
SJ1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I am currently trying to get some information from SS to contest a garnishment on my income tax return. I am just about at the one year anniversary of my initial request and have not gotten a thing from them. Every time I call, I get a different person who promises results in one month. Rinse and repeat. There is evidently no accountability there.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote