Article: Invest in Yourself to Retire Well

Saw it. A good rundown of non-monetary issues that most of us neglect.

I thought one reader's comment was spot-on:

"What your resourceful friend is doing comes very close to what I would call " scrounging". You need a certain type of personality to carry it off."

Amethyst

A very practical article for those potential ERs that still lack sufficient stash for a large enough SWR. Still, it kind of sounds like w*rk to me. If you enjoy changing your own oil and can adapt that to bartering with the family down the street - great. But, if like me, you got tired of getting greasy under the car back in your 40s, maybe the "traditional" LBYM and save, save, save would be better. There are many roads to ER. This is one of them which I would relegate to about my 5th back-up position. Of course, some things I already do just because it seems the right thing to do: Exchanging rides to the airport comes to mind. YMMV

A very practical article for those potential ERs that still lack sufficient stash for a large enough SWR. Still, it kind of sounds like w*rk to me. If you enjoy changing your own oil and can adapt that to bartering with the family down the street - great. But, if like me, you got tired of getting greasy under the car back in your 40s, maybe the "traditional" LBYM and save, save, save would be better. There are many roads to ER. This is one of them which I would relegate to about my 5th back-up position...
+1

Eh?

Many of us still do not consider changing the engine oil any more troublesome or time-consuming than fixing your LV light. Like dis. ;)

Back
Top Bottom