Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
That's a huge part of the problem. Recently, step daughter drove into the back of a small Honda on the freeway at night while texting her brother a video clip. She totaled both cars and injured the party in the Honda. Nice.

She got a ticket and her insurance dropped her. So now she is in the state insurance pool and paying a big premium.
About 2 months ago I was sitting at a red light with a cop in front of me.
A young girl driver behind me was stopped but while she was texting she rolled into my bumper.

My son and I both looked back at her and she went right back to her phone.

We couldn't stop laughing. It was such a light tap on my bumper I just said forget about it.

True story!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
About 2 months ago I was sitting at a red light with a cop in front of me.
A young girl driver behind me was stopped but while she was texting she rolled into my bumper.

My son and I both looked back at her and she went right back to her phone.

We couldn't stop laughing. It was such a light tap on my bumper I just said forget about it.

True story!
Thank you very little. You were being nice but you reinforced her bad behavior so now she will get somebody else.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:04 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
Allstate has already notified policy holders here in Georgia that they can expect an average 25% increase (but up to 50%+) with their next renewals. Thankfully, I don't have Allstate, but I assume that I too will have sort of increase next year (after two years of DECREASES!)
We're with USAA here in the ATL, they recently sent an 'I'm sorry we have to raise rates' letter but the increase was less than 10%. Sucks but I can live with that, it came out to a little over $10 a month for three cars with a 22-year old son still at home so it's not excessive to me.

That's the first time I've seen that kind of apology from them though, so I guess they are feeling the heat.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Has anyone had their rates increase when they moved onto Medicare? My understanding is that Medicare does not coordinate with auto insurance medical coverage in the same way as private insurance.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
Hate to hear of damage and injuries..I'm starting to think in cases like this the drivers should have their licenses revoked for a year so they will think twice about such reckless behavior.
In this state, MO, it's still legal to text and drive if you are an adult. Sad. IMO first text is 50k volts, the next the vehicle just stops. Forever!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app