Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Bailout e-mail .. too funny
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Bailout e-mail .. too funny

Quote:
Dear American:

I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.

I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the 1990s. This transactin is 100% safe.

This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance.

My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.

Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.

Yours Faithfully Minister of Treasury Paulson

Bailout Satire
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Shouldn't that be wallstreetbailout@nigeria.gov?

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

and in a similiar vein; act now and we'll send you two! for your children's children's children. American taxpayer, take a look at the prizes you've won! - 236.com - News
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

"All your base are belong to us"
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #5

Thank god for tainted baby formulas in China that we can "share" the spotlight.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #6

Buns, those Chinese are just "whiners".

Listen to Greenspan: There is no greed, only "so-called" "greed". Businesses can police themselves just fine.
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
gone traveling

Paulson = Colonel Klink ?

mirly.org

This youtube video is PERFECT !

~
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote