Join Early Retirement Today
Best Android budgeting app
Old 12-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe
Best Android budgeting app

My wife's new years resolution is to track our spending and set up a budget. In the past we pay ourselves first, put a lot into various savings and investing, and spend the rest.
What is the best Android budgeting / tracking spending app that we can both have on our smartphones, and it will sync both of our separate smartphones into one budget?
Thanks in advance

Callitaday2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets
I use YNAB for this. They are releasing a major upgrade tomorrow. You can both have the budget on your phones and enter purchases etc and it will sync to the other phone and the main app.

Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.
Both my kids use and swear by it. There are apps for Android and iOS. Unlike YNAB which is all manual, Mint pulls in transactions and categorizes them automatically. Also, Mint is free, while YNAB is $60. YNAB would work better if you use cash a lot. Some people like the YNAB method better. The software is really just a spreadsheet. My kids have tried both and prefer Mint.

I use Fidelity Full View to accumulate transactions by category, but mainly use my own Excel spreadsheet for budgeting and analyzing long-term spending trends.
Retired at 52 in July 2013. On to better things...

AA: 45% stock, 35% bonds, 15% real estate, 5% cash
Cobra9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets
I use Yodlee on my computer, not mobile but I believe they have an app. Makes investment and spending almost automatic. Today was very helpful to get some medical spending refunds info. I do not use all the power it offers, but it works well for me.
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
Unlike YNAB which is all manual, Mint pulls in transactions and categorizes them automatically.
Not true anymore. YNAB can import for you if you like.

You can try them all out for free and decide for yourselves.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:14 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.
I've used off and on over the last few years. The main problem I have with it is that it's mostly backward-looking. It records what happened, but the budgeting, forward-looking portion is weak at best. I'm now trying the new online version of YNAB. Takes a bit of an adjustment to wrap one's brain around some of the concepts but I think I'm getting the hang of it. We're using it to grow existing savings, not pay off debt, etc.

Arguing on the internet is like wrestling pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
dixonge is offline   Reply With Quote