Best CD & MM Rates Thread 2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Can we please consolidate all our CD Rate Postings Here in this thread so they are easy to find. Currently they are scattered around a variety of threads & Postings. This is my attempt to keep them all in one place. Especially as they are creeping up slowly. Thanks for your support.

CDBank.Com - 24-months CD for 3.00% APY
CDBank.Com - 12-months CD for 2.45%

Marcus - 12-month CD rate increase (2.45% APY)

Reactions: MJ
Andrews FCU is still offering their 9 month 2.75% CD special, limit one per customer.

However, they are now so backlogged people are having difficulty opening new accounts with them. If you have an existing savings account with them there should be no problem.

Synchrony raised their high yield savings rate to 1.85% a couple of days ago.

Discoverbank Savings account is at 1.75% but it usually increases along with all the others.

Fidelity Premium MM is at 1.97%

Vanguard Prime MMF is currently yielding 2.06%. but that rate seems to be slowly increasing weekly.

How easy is it to get funds in and out?

Can you have your dividends automatically sent to the account and then get the funds by ACH transfers to your regular bank?

Can you have your dividends automatically sent to the account and then get the funds by ACH transfers to your regular bank?

We have our reserves in the vanguard prime mm and transfer money to our regular checking all the time. It usually transfers over in about 3 business days. Very easy to do on line.

5 year CD rates are slowly creeping up. Discover Bank and Goldman Sachs Bank are each offering 3.35% 5 year CDs via Fidelity which seems to be a hair more than being offered directly by banks to the retail customer.

Well, OK, First Guaranty just announced a 5yr 3.5% CD special - direct. For new money only. 2 years interest withdrawal penalty - ouch!

Last edited:
5 year CD rates are slowly creeping up. Discover Bank and Goldman Sachs Bank are each offering 3.35% 5 year CDs via Fidelity which seems to be a hair more than being offered directly by banks to the retail customer.

Well, OK, First Guaranty just announced a 5yr 3.5% CD special - direct. For new money only. 2 years interest withdrawal penalty - ouch!

And we are also starting to see 2 year @ 3.0% CD's. None national yet, but I'd expect that to happen shortly.

Very easy. You can get a checkbook and access it that way or you can direct funds to your bank checking account. I have all of my MF dividends directed there.

No, that is after expenses....
The SEC yield for a money market fund is calculated by annualizing its daily income distributions for the previous 7 days.

and daily income distributions would be after expenses.

That's pretty good then, their default it VMFXX which is yielding 1.88% and where my idle money is sitting...so may be worth it to buy VMMXX.

That's what I did... but IIRC at the time the spread was a bit more. I wish that they would allow me to set Prime MM as my settlement account.... it would make things easier.

Just re-invested my 18 month $100,000. CD at Luther Burbank Savings (California) at 2.70%. It's an unadvertised rate and I don't believe you need as high of a balance as I have.

PenFed 12 months jumped to 2.45% today. 6 months is 2%

Andrews FCU 9 Months is 2.75%

General 3 Year CDs Topped 3%+ and even a couple of 2 Year.

Hopefully we will see 4% 5 Years CDs soon... :dance:

Last edited:
Ally 11-month No Penalty CD - 2.00% ($25K minimum)

Ally savings 1.80%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom