Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #421
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown2014 View Post
Thanks for your reply Audreyh1. Do you know if new $ is transferred to Ally for the bonus whether you can transfer old $ money at Ally out before the January 15 without losing the bonus?
I don't think so. I think you pretty much are stuck leaving all funds at Ally until 1/15. They've made that pretty clear that any withdrawals until then will lower your bonus.
__________________

__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #422
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Golden sunsets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,077
Ally pulled funds from my external account yesterday and they won't show up until Monday
__________________

__________________
"Luck favors the prepared mind"
Pasteur
Golden sunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #423
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden sunsets View Post
Ally pulled funds from my external account yesterday and they won't show up until Monday
I wonder why the difference? Does your external account show the withdrawal occurred yesterday?

Ally said they would initiate the transfer on the 17th, and I suppose they did for their system, but the funds werenít actually pulled until the 18th.
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #424
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Golden sunsets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,077
Yes it does, the 18th, but I know the reason why. The external account is new to Ally, so they needed some history of transactions before they drop the transfer time. This happened when I opened our Ally accounts earlier this year. It took about 2 months of transactions with our Bricks and Mortar bank (which I pushed and pulled intentionally in order to establish that history) to go from 3 days to one day. The accounts funds were pulled from yesterday, were at CapOne. I had set CapOne up as an external account with Ally last week when I opened the MM's that are offering the bonus. I was planning on establishing history with transfers, but had not done so yet when this offer came along. So Ally gets three days of float on my money.
__________________
"Luck favors the prepared mind"
Pasteur
Golden sunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #425
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Historic Florida
Posts: 2,493
Veridian Credit Union Boosts 41-Month Jumbo CD To 3.45% APY
__________________
"Arguing with an Engineer is like rolling in the mud with a pig. Just remember that the pig likes it."
ShokWaveRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #426
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
calmloki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Independence
Posts: 5,794
We funded Ally 1% bonus accounts for the gal and I, from our Chase account. Ran into a glitch - $100k daily limit on ACH transfers - AND the funds will arrive with Ally next Tuesday. For the first time an actual advantage to Private Client status: the limit on wire transfers is $250k/day and no fees for Private Client. I did the remaining $100k as wire transfers and Ally has them credited today.
__________________
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #427
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
We funded Ally 1% bonus accounts for the gal and I, from our Chase account. Ran into a glitch - $100k daily limit on ACH transfers - AND the funds will arrive with Ally next Tuesday. For the first time an actual advantage to Private Client status: the limit on wire transfers is $250k/day and no fees for Private Client. I did the remaining $100k as wire transfers and Ally has them credited today.
You might be thinking the funding deadline is 10/21; it is not. 10/21 is the deadline to signup for the offer.
catotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #428
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Right - the funding deadline is 10/31, although as long as you initiate a transfer from Ally by 10/31 they give you until 11/5 to get the funds into your account.
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #429
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
calmloki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Independence
Posts: 5,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by catotx View Post
You might be thinking the funding deadline is 10/21; it is not. 10/21 is the deadline to signup for the offer.
I am aware of the signup deadline, but Chase pays diddly interest so it cost us about $10/day to have it not in Ally. The banks can pull offers - I try to take advantage soonest. I like things to be done ASAP, so when the inevitable gotchas crop up I still have time to address them.

Chase's extended time to deliver an ACH is an example. EBSB, as another example, is still showing a slug of cash we put there as pending - we did an ACH from Discover on the 11th and EBSB says the funds will be available on the 24th! Not that I have any need to access those funds, but I like maximum freedom of movement to go with higher returns.
__________________
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #430
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
Right - the funding deadline is 10/31, although as long as you initiate a transfer from Ally by 10/31 they give you until 11/5 to get the funds into your account.
This comes from Ally's enrollment website "Deposit new funds into their eligible account(s) between 10/08/18 and 11/05/18 will receive a Cash Bonus of 1% of their new deposit, up to a maximum of $1,000"

As you can see as long as the money is in by 11/05 which means even a wire to your account on 11/05 would be acceptable, not that you would want to cut it that close.
__________________
I look to the present moment because that's where I live my life.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #431
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ View Post
This comes from Ally's enrollment website "Deposit new funds into their eligible account(s) between 10/08/18 and 11/05/18 will receive a Cash Bonus of 1% of their new deposit, up to a maximum of $1,000"

As you can see as long as the money is in by 11/05 which means even a wire to your account on 11/05 would be acceptable, not that you would want to cut it that close.
There have been some discrepancies about that. I certainly saw a 10/31 date for moving new funds when I signed up where the email clearly says to fund account by 10/31. From Depositaccounts.com:
Quote:
[Update 10/19/18: I received further clarification from my Ally contact concerning the discrepancy about the end date of account funding. The promo page and the enrollment email says 10/31/18. The Terms and Conditions say 11/05/18. According to my Ally contact, 11/05/18 is correct. The 10/31/18 date was used in the promo page and email to ensure transfers initiated by 10/31/18 will have time to complete by 11/05/18.]
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #432
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
There have been some discrepancies about that. I certainly saw a 10/31 date for moving new funds when I signed up where the email clearly says to fund account by 10/31.
I just wanted to clarify the date just in case someone didn't have the funds until Nov 1, 2 or even 5 and could wire the funds to ally by the 11/05 final date.
__________________
I look to the present moment because that's where I live my life.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #433
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 3,739
NFCU 24mo @3% for 10k min CD or IRA CD.
__________________
...with no reasonable expectation for ER, I'm just here auditing the AP class.Retired 8/1/15.
jazz4cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 AM   #434
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I don't think so. I think you pretty much are stuck leaving all funds at Ally until 1/15. They've made that pretty clear that any withdrawals until then will lower your bonus.
what if current funds are in non-qualifying trust accounts? If you withdraw from them before 1/15 , does that lower bonus also?
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #435
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
what if current funds are in non-qualifying trust accounts? If you withdraw from them before 1/15 , does that lower bonus also?
No idea - you’d have to call them.
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #436
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,083
Ally Bank bonus - does one know if having a joint account allows for a 2k bonus or a 1k bonus with 200k transferred?
__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #437
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Ally Bank bonus - does one know if having a joint account allows for a 2k bonus or a 1k bonus with 200k transferred?
It's per account, sole/joint registration isn't going to change that - it's $1000 max bonus per account. Now, you can open multiple accounts filling each with $100k. For example, get multiple CDs to reach whatever total you want. You might open multiple 11-month no penalty CDs which are currently 2.1% for $25k or more.

If going this route, you'd need to fund each individually from outside. If you moved $200k into an Ally checking account and then bought two $100k CDs from there it's not going to work.

You might want to give them a call to verify that you can do that.
njhowie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #438
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 19,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Ally Bank bonus - does one know if having a joint account allows for a 2k bonus or a 1k bonus with 200k transferred?
I think it’s per email enrollment for the bonus which has to match your accounts email. In my case, even though DH is joint, they just use my email to contact me and that’s what I used to sign up for the offer.
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #439
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
It's per account, sole/joint registration isn't going to change that - it's $1000 max bonus per account. Now, you can open multiple accounts filling each with $100k. For example, get multiple CDs to reach whatever total you want. You might open multiple 11-month no penalty CDs which are currently 2.1% for $25k or more.

If going this route, you'd need to fund each individually from outside. If you moved $200k into an Ally checking account and then bought two $100k CDs from there it's not going to work.

You might want to give them a call to verify that you can do that.
Thanks. I might have 300k to invest from outside funds. I will call them for more details.
__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #440
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I think itís per email enrollment for the bonus which has to match your accounts email. In my case, even though DH is joint, they just use my email to contact me and thatís what I used to sign up for the offer.
ok thanks.
__________________

__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
deanc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4% rule for 2018 - Pfau updates the charts Dd852 FIRE and Money 105 01-21-2018 01:32 PM
Looking to FIRE in 2018/2019 Downtown Hi, I am... 17 12-21-2017 08:31 PM
Updates from the first post here retire2020 Hi, I am... 9 01-12-2017 04:53 PM
Noticed more people holding signs "need work or food" rayinpenn Other topics 3 05-03-2015 03:51 PM
Festival Attendees Please Post Meeting Updates poboy Other topics 0 05-20-2006 08:02 PM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.