Best CD & MM Rates Thread 2019 - Please post updates here

I was able to join Navy Fed and I"m not a veteran. You just need a family member to have been one to get membership.

On NavyFed, I read somewhere the 3.75% 40 month IRA CD will go away after tomorrow, 4.15.19. Don't know if true, but heads up. No idea on the 3.25 or the 3%.

On NavyFed, I read somewhere the 3.75% 40 month IRA CD will go away after tomorrow, 4.15.19. Don't know if true, but heads up. No idea on the 3.25 or the 3%.

That 40 month CD has an add-on feature so you can lock the rate before it expires if you wish for $50 and add funds later. It does have a 150k max. I use it to hold maturing funds from other CDs.

DW Opened a 5 year IRA at Space Coast CU Yesterday @ 3.85%. That is my IRA and DW's locked for another 5 years at 3.8% & 3.85% Respectively, as PenFed were no longer competitive. We can change where the interest goes at any time but choose to compound it for now as we do not need the money and do not anticipate needing it. I will be 70 when mine matures and DW will be 65.

The ONLY annoying part is they pay interest daily, but only post quarterly... I like to do my financial statements monthly. Oh Well.... Still deserves a::dance:

Have an Andrews FCU 9 month CD about to mature - today they are offering a 2.86%APY 8 month CD. They also offered free wire transfer if I do move money, though that is for "higher(undefined) account amounts".

Have an Andrews FCU 9 month CD about to mature - today they are offering a 2.86%APY 8 month CD. They also offered free wire transfer if I do move money, though that is for "higher(undefined) account amounts".

Andrews also offers a 2.95% 17 month certificate special - since April 19.

Special 17-month Share Certificate, 2.95% APY, $1k min/$250k max deposit, limit of one certificate per member.

The Northern Bank Direct 2.5% MM deal is back, with 2.5% guaranteed through 12/31/2019.

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/northern-bank-direct/offers/

On the bad news front, for those of you in the target area, the Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union (aka the old IBM Poughkeepsie Credit Union) 3.25% Flex 24 certificate with the ability to rate lock and do an additional one time addition is no longer available.

If I recall correctly they came out with that shortly after I locked into a 3.5% five year CD in early to mid-April.

I just added to our two (wife and I) 3.25 18 month CDs at NFCU.

Started 3 months ago, so only 15 months remaining.

Siphoning “leftover” money to these vice stock market.

I just added to our two (wife and I) 3.25 18 month CDs at NFCU.

Started 3 months ago, so only 15 months remaining.

Siphoning “leftover” money to these vice stock market.

Is your ability to add to this CD a special feature of the CD when you purchased it? We opened a 17 month CD at NFCU at 3.25% in January. I don't recall it being an Add On CD. I'm wondering if I can add to that one? Guess I can call them.

I don’t know if it is “special.” We’ve had this option with NFCU with previous CDs ... it may simply be that chose randomly, but each time it had that provision.

I think the opportunity was up to $50,000 for each CD.

I think the APR is actually 3.5%.

NavyFed runs special Cd's from time to time with a add-on feature. Sometimes it is 17 months, sometimes 10 months(currently 2.75% with 100k max) , sometimes it is an IRA with add on. In January they had a 3.75% 40 month add-on IRA only CD with 150k max. We switched some of our IRA money from PenFed to NavyFed with that special. They ran it until about April 20.

Thanks. I called and we already maxed out on the CD, so I'll be on the hunt come early August and December for a home for maturing CD money. I'd like to do 2 years at 3.0% in August and 3 years in December if I can get it. I see a couple of institutions now that are paying 3%. We'll see what happens in August and then December.

Last edited:
Not related to CD, but I just did a 15yr Refi@ 2.75% RECORD LOWS! Only 6 other months of the past 25 years did we get lower.

When I see deals only 3% of the people had in the past 25 years, i tell me friends. You are welcome. Google bank rate 15 year and negotiate to the hilt like I did. :dance:

Just logged into my Personal Capital (account aggregator) account and noticed they're now offering a savings type account with a 2.3% API and FDIC insured up to 1.25M

https://www.personalcapital.com/faq

Thats not bad relative to current CD rates. I don't want to lock in to 3+ year CDs right now, so am holding more cash than I should, waiting patiently to do "something" with it. My brain is a bit frozen in place as the current world turmoil unfolds; I am tending to avoid making any moves, which may not be the smartest strategy in the mid/long term.

Back
Top Bottom