Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
Might as well tune in Rush Limbaugh to find out if Obama helped in the negotiations . . .
Saw that coming. You're right, the NYT = Rush Limbaugh.
Gone4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
If anything, it would have been hastily done at the urging of the administration to put a sense of urgency on Congress.
That is what I meant. Sorry. But it's probably just baseless suspiciousness on my part.
Grep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Better fasten your seat belts when the markets open tomorrow...
Markets pretty flat until the last hour.
Finance Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It is sad. Both parties are jockeying for positions of self interest.

I hope they get something going... mainly because of the fear that has been generated by the dooms-day message that was put out.

I am 100% in favor of oversight and sweeping regulatory changes that would remove CEO and top tier officers' compensation from the boards hands. It should take a shareholder vote on their compensation package. The board can only recommend. The shareholder vote would need allow shareholder to change compensation on a yearly basis.

Unfortunately stock options have led to Officer and Board incentives to take risk to increase share price taking inordinate risk.
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote