Best Money Market Account Available today?

I just looked at the wells fargo site, and you can get free bill pay with their checking and a $2000 balance. I wonder who else can tell us about a great deal for free checking, and free billpay?

State Employees' Credit Union (in NC) has free billpay (up to 20/month I think). No minimum balance. The account has a $1/month fee, but it pays 0.75% interest.

Unfortunately, you have to be related to a member or be an NC state employee to qualify for membership :(

My bill pay through my local credit union is also free. Citibank has a ez checking and with 1500 min. balance the bill pay is free. They had been offering 100 bucks to try it. They also have a savings account that you can link to it yielding over 3% So not a bad deal overall. I am trying virtual bank right now and it seems ok, like ING, you can transfer money to your local account. Most of these, you can get a bonus for starting (30-50 bucks usually).

Bill pay through my bank is $4.95/month, but does not support Quicken. I think I'll just stay with QuickenBillPay for now.

E*Trade Bank - Free on line bill pay.
Current money market account interest 3.52%

I have used the Bank of Internet for 2 years and it is great.  Up to 20 free bills /month (can be automated).  I also have a Money Market account with them, and it is set up that it auto feeds money to the checking account if you over-draw.  However the interest rate on the checking account these past weeks (months?) has been 3% while the MM account is 2.6% so I've transferred the cash to the checking account. (Transfers between the accounts are easy and can be automated, so I used to have the bills autopayed out of the checking account, but auto transfer the money from the MM account the day before).

Details can be obtained below

http://www.bankofinternet.com/billpay/default.asp

I use Wells Fargo checking to pay all my bills electronically (bill pay) and others automatically like my Visa. I have my savings in ING and have an auto transfer each month back to my checking account to be sure the funds will be there when needed. Pretty much autopilot except for certain items I have to write checks out for...such as my lawn service.

Back
Top Bottom