Best place to store Cash besides the higher interest?

ER Man

Recycles dryer sheets
Where is the best place to keep your cash besides the higher interest online savings account?

Which online savings account do you usually store your cash?

I use Smartypig for to keep my emergency funds and/or 6+ months of rainy day fund.

I like to get several thousand one dollar bills, spread them over my bed and roll around on them naked.

Yeah, I agree, the dollar bills are way better for rolling around in than the dollar coins. Those leave little marks on you that are very unattractive.

Yeah, I agree, the dollar bills are way better for rolling around in than the dollar coins. Those leave little marks on you that are very unattractive.

Brings a whole new side to the "Where's George?" thing.

Do you have pictures to show? Which president left a mark?

Do you have pictures to show? Which president left a mark?

Oh Martin Van Buren by far. Those sideburns are the worst! :cool:

Attachments

• martin_van_buren_presidential_dollar_coin_obverse.jpg
    martin_van_buren_presidential_dollar_coin_obverse.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 3
I like to get several thousand one dollar bills, spread them over my bed and roll around on them naked.

I supply the dollar bills, DW does the rolling around naked. Much better that way. Bonus is, she gets to keep any ones that stick to her skin. :dance:

I see that the OP is not getting a great answer.... but what the hey...

I keep my cash in the Vanguard ST bond fund.... you have to live with the price swings, but I am willing to do that...

As for cash, I use an AIG account (yep, one of those high interest online bank ones)....

I see that the OP is not getting a great answer.... but what the hey...

I keep my cash in the Vanguard ST bond fund.... you have to live with the price swings, but I am willing to do that...

As for cash, I use an AIG account (yep, one of those high interest online bank ones)....

Well, its a Bond which means there is a risk factor. So you use this Bond for Emergency fund? If you need the money and the Bond is down then what?

What are you getting for AIG? The highest I've seen now is 1.15% APY on Savings. The checking ones has too many things you have to do to get a higher rate.

Last edited:
I recently moved 10k of my savings account into I bonds. 1 Year yield is highly likely to be 3% or better with zero risk.

I recently moved 10k of my savings account into I bonds. 1 Year yield is highly likely to be 3% or better with zero risk.

Zero risk? How is this possible? Its a Bond. What kind is it? Gov't Bonds? Corporate Bonds? The interest rates have been falling and there is no sign of Federal Reserve raising it in atleast a year so you are good there.

How would you compare this to 1.15% APY (guaranteed) vs 3% or bettter for 1 year? If the gov't and/or corporate cannot pay back its loan then you can't get that money back at maturity.

Dude, ever heard of Google? Been out of your mom's basement in the last 5 years?

Use your cash to pay off debt and pay down the mortgage, put any spare into a saving account, CD, MM or short term bond fund.

Back
Top Bottom