best site to check credit rating

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I suppose this has been asked before and is redundant. If so I am sorry and please delete it. I was just wondering where most of you go to check your credit score? I notice a lot of sites coming out with this option. I was wondering which are scams and which are legitimate. thanks

frank

This is the site set up by the three credit reporting agencies https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action designed to provide each of us once a year with a free copy of our credit report. They still try to sell services.

A good way to use it is to get a free report every 4 months by rotating through the three bureaus. It won't give you an actual credit score. You'll need to pay the given company $5 or so to get that. However, with the information on the report you could definitely figure out your range.

creditkarma.com will give you a good estimate of your credit score. It is legitimate and free, though of course they will try to get you to use additional functions and services through them (but few websites these days do not). The estimates I have gotten from them have matched up well with my scores received from the bureaus when we recently refinanced our home.

Back
Top Bottom