Best toilet paper and paper towels

Last time we had this discussion (2002?) I was a Charmin snob. But I calculated that one could use (IIRC) 10 squares of the cheap stuff for the same cost of one square of Charmin. So I made the switch.

I find that a sharp fishing knife is the best for cutting the paper towel.

But you don't usually cut it as narrow as in the picture, right REW? That was a joke, yes?

Don't you always wipe with your left and shake with your right? ;)

You know, this is embarrassing... I'm left handed and until a few months ago I didn't even think about what hand I held out when shaking hands. I've probably extended my left hand to quite a few people over the years.:rolleyes:

Oh...and I DO use toilet paper thank you.:D

Paper towels...cant believe nobody said VIVA. they are spectacular imho

I use the cheapo generic paper towels. But for private wiping I use the good stuff... :)

I keep trying to convince DW that y'all are a classy and intelligent group of people for me to be (virtually) hanging out with. And every time she stands behind me and reads over my shoulder it's a thread like this. :cool: I'm going to have to quit telling her where I'm getting my investment knowledge.

We tend to use the Costco or Kirkland brand TP. Also a fan of the select a size paper towels.

And I finally figured out what that bidet thing was for:

bidet-beer.jpg

ScotTissue in 24 roll bulk packages. we have a septic tank and this is the best one recommended.
Select-A-Size anything, or whatever is cheapest in 12 roll packages, and buy it at dollar stores.
i have been known to take a few extra paper napkins (5 at most) >:D at fast food places and keep them in the car to use for paper towels for checking oil.

I see that Harley puts the good beer in his bidet! I guess if you are classy enough for a bidet, you wouldn't want to be putting Miller High Life in there or some Olympia! ;)

And that squirrel story will pretty much end my going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and not turning on the light first. Thanks for that! :eek:

I like Viva, but I buy the select a size brawny. I use the Scott double rolls. In Mongolia there is no tp in any bathroom, so you carry it in your pocket--I learned very quickly how little it takes to do the job compared to our lavish usage at home! And hand sanitizer--that is some good stuff!

Is someone trying to determine what to invest in (isn't tp one of the key commodities to invest in in hard times) :) ?

Scott always (it has gotten softer, but have used it so long we don't realize it ever wasn't soft) and Bounty paper towels, but the Target brand is just as good for us, we're finding. Prefer the plain white paper products no matter what.

This thread reminds me of the joke about the wife putting cream on her chest to make it bigger and the husband suggesting she use tp since it worked so well on her rear....

isn't tp one of the key commodities to invest in in hard times

No, because demand is greater during soft times.

Thanks everyone.

I have to use at least 2 sheets of toilet paper...the regular stuff....if it's that paper thin scotts stuff I need like 8 sheets.

Viva is a good strong paper towel.

What is a good brand for select a size paper towels....I looked for some while shopping the other day and couldn;t find any.

Jim

For a while I toyed with a "sanitary index fund" approach to investing as they are products everyone uses and somewhat recession proof. The fund would have holdings like Armitage Shanks, Kohler, American Standard, Kimberly Clark etc.

The select-a-size I use is Bounty. I get it at Sam's in a 12 or 15 roll package. Lasts me a long time since I do most of my cleaning/wiping with the white terrycloth wash cloth that you can buy in bulk.

Well over here water is used. When ever I have to use TP, it hurts for 2-3 days before I get used to it.

Thanks Goonie

I tried the select a size and it really does last a lot longer because the sheets are smaller.

I tried cutting a paper towel roll in half and I used a hacksaw....I made kind of a mess out of it.

So is the fishing knife a better way to go for cutting them in half?

I'm all ears for better tools to cut a roll in half with!

Jim

All this talk of toilet paper. Save money, save trees... Consider "drip dry"
grin.gif

Water for me, too. Come on folks, let's try to be civilized --
paper alone won't properly do the job, now will it?

So if you smear paint on your hands, your supposed to try to wash it off using the drinking fountain built into the toilet? And besides, who'd want a drinking fountain in their toilet? That sounds disgusting! :D

Back
Top Bottom